Just some pictures

JTPinTX

Custom Call Maker
There is probably a decent story here if I felt like writing today, but I don't. I did get a few pictures I like so I thought I would post them up. They are pretty much going to have to speak for themselves though.

Most folks mainly like the pictures anyways.

I had Friday off and my daughter insisted we get up early and go calling. You gotta love that. Just made two stands before it got hot. Called a few in but things just didn't work right to get any fur on the ground. She got to see this little ringneck snake play dead, which she thought was cool. We also drove up on a coyote pup playing in the road and she got to see it up real close. That was a first for her as well.

FullSizeR by [/url], on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WxjXDs t=_blank]FullSizeR by [/url], on Flickr

The next day we got out again for the evening. Didn't see many coyotes but I did manage to put a pair in our front pocket. She couldn't get on them quick enough though and I had to drop the male as they were headed out.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VjD7yE t=_blank]FullSizeR by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156517515@N04/, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great pics - TKS & WTG Dad.
thumbup.gif

Quote:There is probably a decent story here if I felt like writing today, but I don't. I did get a few pictures I like so I thought I would post them up. They are pretty much going to have to speak for themselves though.

Heck, we'll wait, Jeff! Great pics, great memories, thanks for sharing.

Regards,
hm

Jeff,

You better hold on to it while you can... my daughter turns 16 in August, in the last year her priorities have shifted away from hunting.. as of now, congrats

I know that is right Jeremy. That condition is not exclusive to girls either. I lost both my boys (figuratively speaking) for a while to different phases, but they came back around. My daughter is 9 at the moment so I should have 3-5 more years before it gets too crazy.

Saying it with photos is the best way. Helps convey the story even better.

I like your CZ and suppressor. What caliber?

Congrats to you and your daughter for some quality family time.

Good eye 6mm-06. CZ-527 American in 223, cut to 18" with a Specwar 556K on it. I also cut the buttstock and added an adjustable LOP buttplate for her, and also slash cut the forend at the same time because I didn't like the rounded one. Mainly we shoot the 50 Dogtown spitzer for coyotes (it works really well), and she has been shooting the old discontinued Nosler 60 grain Solid Base for deer. We are over halfway through that barrel, about 3500 rounds or so down the tube. Already have the new one on the shelf just waiting for the right time to swap out.

Well, looks like the photobucket pics are gone now. I guess pretty much every thread I ever posted pics on is done. Gonna have to figure something else out now.

Photobucket has ruined lots and lots of threads, on lots and lots of forums forever.

They can take a long walk off a short pier.

EDIT: I opened up a Flickr account and uploaded the photos there, and fixed the links. No way I can go back and do that with all my posts over the years but I thought I would fix this one at least.

Last edited:
I see 24hr Campfire has upgraded their site to provide secure in house image hosting.

It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Back