looking for someone to reload

scheide

Looking for someone to reload some 220 swift ammo for me. I have the reloading data from the last guy that done it for me. thanks.

Ah man! If you lived near me we could load some together. I've been loading for that honey of a caliber for over 40 years. There will never not be a .220 Swift in my safe. Not as long as I'm alive anyway.

Originally Posted By: reb8600You are more trusting than me. I would not shoot reloads from someone I didn't know. Yep nor would i.And i wont use any ammo that someone else has reloaded even if i did know them. No two barrels or chambers are the same. I have hit high pressures from min loads with some barrels is why i am so picky!! A few years ago i tryed imr4350 with the 58g v-maxs in my factory 243 and the book min was to hot in my gun. But that is a slow powder for that bullet.

I will "Never" shoots anyone else's handloads, nor will I reload for anyone else period! You can get a basic reloading kit and it is not that hard to do especially if you only have a couple calibers. Good luck on whatever kit you decide to buy and enjoy your new hobby.

There are a number of custom reloaders, just google it and you should find what you are looking for.

Just for liability and legality reasons it would be foolish to reload for a stranger if you don't have a manufactures license and insurance.

No, no and no. Component differences can make a safe load a time bomb.

Let me sight an example of what Hornady does to illustrate differences. I bought a used rifle that came with 4 boxes of factory ammo - 6.5CM. Two of the boxes were 140 Amax loads with two different lot numbers. I pulled bullets from each lot and weighed the powder charge of each - they where different by a few grains. It is obvious here that Hornady loads and tests their ammo to a certain pressure / velocity for every lot of powder - in this case H4350. The recipe on the box had charge weight lower than what they actually loaded so I am assuming they use an average charge for this data but not sure.

Case capacity and different powder lots affect pressures dramatically not to mention what chamber dimensions can add to this issue.

Last edited:
The only time I have reloaded for a friend is when they give me their gun and components and ask me to work up a load for them, for their rifle. But to say, here is a load I would like you to load for me... sorry, not happening. Not being rude, just don't want the liability.
And, like Rusty, I have been shooting the 220 Swift for many years and love the caliber!

Last edited:
Back