I ready for a suppressor. Would please help?

Pack_Wolf

Due to my age an questionable longevity, it seems that I should use the network or corporation. That way I can transfer it to my sons. Owning one seems to be difficult to make a decision.
I know the prices and most of the protocol But why do I need to own one out right and then transfer it again?

Thanks

Pach

If you mean a legal trust, and your family is included in the trust, when the time comes, it is automatically theirs, no further transfer is needed.

(Once they have it, the address of the trust will need to be updated, to make it accurate. Crossing state lines may complicate it.)

Not a lawyer, above is just my opinion.

I believe there is a free transfer even if a suppressor is bought as a individual. I believe it is a form 5.. Maybe a suppressor guru will chime in and let you know if this is correct.

Jason

The trust is the way to go. As far as why you need to have it to transfer, that is a question for the ATF and good luck getting an answer about the NFA. It is a political question.

The bottom line is that you need to get your tax stamp in order to posses the suppressor.

You may be better off finding a lawyer who specializes in trusts who can answer any and all questions that you have or that may come up from the ATF, rather than trying to do it yourself and causing yourself heart ache.

Back