First look at FLIR's new Q14B 12um BosonThermal Monocular Pics, Vids and Reviews

I'd like to know the detection range as well. That thing is small and I need to upgrade my PS32 as well. It's taught me a lot, but now it's just annoying compared to my scope.

Reading here in Post above, it seems like everyone has about the same question going ( detection range ? ), is the BIG question to be answered that will ( move me ) toward the new Small Boson monoc. or not .
For me and my hunting, I like and use Therm. for a heads-up and get me out there at least 2-3 hundred yard around me . giving me some heads-up warning of something hot popping up .

If the new small Bonon gets some positive detection range ' hunting review ' with some real world hunt & search in the dark landscape . I could also see where It would also force me to part ways with some Cash-$, for a Dual bridge set-up on my Helmet . as it does not bother my brain to use Therm. scanning with one eye, while same time running pvs14 on the other eye .

While no FIRM detection ranges have been published, do note, this 9.1mm system was able to easily detect a human heat signature out to 600 yards.

Also for those where were wondering about the 640 Boson systems, here is the latest from FLIR. Thanks guys.

2017%20Update_zpsl460ylcu.jpg

FLIR has made an announcement the first Q14B will be a hand held and helmet type monocular only in the 9.1mm configuration. At around 2K, it's gonna be hard to beat!

Here is some other pics of with 19mm, 50mm and 75mm lenses using the new 320 12um Boson. Pretty darn impressive for a 320 system as I've talked about. Breakthrough technology for the price.

19mm
320%2019mm%201_zpslmllu9vu.jpeg

50mm
320%2050mm%201_zpscialgrfq.jpg

75mm
320%2075mm%203_zpsznafia2q.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCWhile no FIRM detection ranges have been published, do note, this 9.1mm system was able to easily detect a human heat signature out to 600 yards.

Also for those where were wondering about the 640 Boson systems, here is the latest from FLIR. Thanks guys.

2017%20Update_zpsl460ylcu.jpg

I'm very interested in the 640 core system. My question is will it be so superior to the 320 core that it will be worth the wait, and price difference?

That would depend on what you intend to use it for?

For detection purposes range would be about the same, for ID purposes 640 would be better, for FOV 640 would be better assuming they all use the same objective lens size, there are many different lens sizes available.

The 320 Boson already performs as well as many 640 core systems, but since no one has used a 640 core Boson, no one knows what they look like as of yet.

The only thing known about the 640 Boson system is that it will be the same tiny size and the same super light weight.

I keep reading the Q14B is only going to be available with the 9.1 mm lense, but all the videos I see of the q14b (like the ones shown above) are with the bigger lenses. So, what models are/will they be?
Isn't there a big difference between a 9.1 mm lense and 19 or 38 or 50 ?
Thanks

Originally Posted By: iowayotehunter76I keep reading the Q14B is only going to be available with the 9.1 mm lense, but all the videos I see of the q14b (like the ones shown above) are with the bigger lenses. So, what models are/will they be?
Isn't there a big difference between a 9.1 mm lense and 19 or 38 or 50 ?
Thanks

Right now the only official release info is the Q14B will initially be released in a 9.1mm hand held/helmet thermal monocular. The other pics shown were from a dedicated weapon sight platform.

TEO may need to rethink there pricing. This is good news for end users. Thanks for all the info I am gonna wait for the 640 unit.

Originally Posted By: twhiteyTEO may need to rethink there pricing. This is good news for end users. Thanks for all the info I am gonna wait for the 640 unit.

I am looking forward to seeing through the 640 as well. If they can price manage the cores as well as they are predicting with the 320, it will be something to really keep an eye out for.

Back