Prairie Dog/Gopher Rig

wicka

This is the rig I use when going to the gopher or prairie dog fields. Just park for the day/night in the middle of them, off load the quad, set up stable table on deck and enjoy the shoot. Last time over my grandson & I shot for 7 1/2 hrs the 1st day and 4 hrs the next and I was tired, Used the little hand counters/clickers to keep track and he shot 833 to my 828 gophers and he got 2 badgers also. Quad works great for getting out and about and shooting over the 1/2 windshield. Don't thing we even made a dent in them. This is the same field where last year we shot over 2000 of them. Mostly 22"s and 17 HMR.

Great set up..
Impressive kill rate... We don't have a shortage of gophers here in Western Montana but no pdogs...

Definitely making a trip with the boy this summer.. He's itching to shoot something bigger... And he's been lethal on gophers out to 180 sup far with his 17... And dad has a few New toys that he wants play with well...lol
I. thinking of trying around big Sandy.. I've heard there are decent colonies on public, but I'm 5 hours away so scouting ahead is out of the question for me....

I was thinking of getting by that way in July, usually go to Miles City

Originally Posted By: Jim ByersGreat set up..
Impressive kill rate... We don't have a shortage of gophers here in Western Montana but no pdogs...

Definitely making a trip with the boy this summer.. He's itching to shoot something bigger... And he's been lethal on gophers out to 180 sup far with his 17... And dad has a few New toys that he wants play with well...lol
I. thinking of trying around big Sandy.. I've heard there are decent colonies on public, but I'm 5 hours away so scouting ahead is out of the question for me....

That looks great. I really would love to have something just like that. The older I get the so much more I enjoy my creature comforts. Especially when out shooting for a few days on end.

Well done.

Back