F.Y.I. Silencerco Radius (Brownells)

hehunts

Just noticed that Brownells dropped the price on the Silencerco Radius to $424.99 if anyone is still looking

With discount code and free shipping = $394.99

I wonder if it is a new and improved version or if the sales have dropped off? I've recently read some less than stellar reviews on it.

Now $360 shipped using code JNS to knock another $40 off at checkout. I couldn't hold out any longer...I bit
smile.gif

just curious as to how far your shooting at night to actually need these? 300 yards and in I would imagine it isn't needed...400 is a real stretch in the dark... what type of scope are you guys running to be able to shoot that kind of distance??

We shoot out as far as 600 yards. A lot of practice and good loads though.
My main need for the range finder is that we hunt huge soy bean fields and if your range estimation is off by 50 yards sometimes its a miss. We zero our rifles for 250 or 300 yards depending on what we are hunting. During the summer we do a lot of deer depredation for farmers and instead of wasting all that time trying to sneak up on them we just shoot from afar. Furthest this year is 3 at 480 yards with a 12.5" 6.8 and dropped them with 4 shots, missed on shot #3 from a mosquito trying to get a free meal out of my face.

For coyotes, id rather keep them close under 300 yards since they are so much smaller with more fur than a deer. But Ive taken some out to 420 yards with the 6.8.

For Hogs, well haven't seen once since i got the Radius..
frown.gif

All I am using is the FLIR RS32 35mm and while its not the greatest, with a 320 resolution, ive practiced with it a lot. And the SiCo Radius sure helps us a lot. With a known distance it makes it much harder to find an excuse for a miss.

Last edited:
At the places I hunt most I am limited to .22wmr. Knowing my distance is a real plus. Ive been using my leupold with red display to get an idea of yardage to certain points...but I can only see the flashing ir laser out to about 90ish yards with Gen3 nightvision. Im hoping this will allow me to range easier than my current way.

Last edited:
I too have the pvs 30 and shoot at 600 yds with a 6.5 creedmoor on a barrett rifle . it really reaches out there I wish I could find a stronger I r light

Have now had a chance to fool around with it and this thing is awesome. I have it paired up with my Photon. On constant scan I can see the flashing ir dot with the Photon which makes aiming the Radius a snap. Definitely happy with my spur of the moment purchase.

edit: One downside. You will definitely notice its weight....its a brick!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cmlHave now had a chance to fool around with it and this thing is awesome. I have it paired up with my Photon. On constant scan I can see the flashing ir dot with the Photon which makes aiming the Radius a snap. Definitely happy with my spur of the moment purchase.

edit: One downside. You will definitely notice its weight....its a brick!
I had mine out tonight too on my 6.5x6.8 with a photon and I noticed the flash too. Real easy to adjust and dial in. I gave 499 for mine and seeing them down at 360 shipped makes me want a back up lol.

Last edited:
I almost jumped when they were 499 but decided to wait. When I saw them for 360 I jumped with both eyes closed
smile.gif

Back