Looking for your input

mooner

Just picked up a new cz 527 in 6.5 Grendel I need to pick a scope for it. I was thinking in the 4x12x40 mm range or maybe 50mm range. I've been looking at sig whiskey 3 and nikon prostaff and Leopold vxr that are all in the 400 to 500 dollar range looking for info on these thanks again

Don't have any experience with the Sig scopes. I do have a VX-R and IMO it will beat a ProStaff and Viper all day any day and twice on Sunday.

I used Leupold's for 30 years. In the last 5-7 years their quality on $400-$1000 scopes has went downhill, not what they used to be for sure.
I've gotten rid of all my current Leupold's, (made in the last 5 years), and changed over to the Sightron SIII's made in Japan.
IMO, the SIII's tracking and clarity just blow the newer Leupolds away & they also have the forever warranty.
The suggested retail price sounds high but scopes listed for $1099, I get for $649 from Scott at Liberty Optics.
After looking through & using mine, I know of at least 6 guys at our private range that has switched over to Sightron scopes. As a NOTE, the cheaper Sightron scopes are made in the Philippines & are not the same quality as the SIII's.

Jim D

Thanks guys I got a deal on a vxr will try it for awhile. I did get to look through a sightron sIII and if I don't like vxr the glass in the sIII was nice and clear and I will try it out

Back