Cross ruled unconstitutional

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: swampwalkerThe difference is, one side won the case and the other lost because it was found unconstitutional.

So you're saying you won't have a problem with your daughter sharing the restroom with pedophiles when that law passes constitutional muster?

For some reason you seem to keep avoiding answering this question Swampy why?

Originally Posted By: swampwalker
Nice try fursniper, I'm sure by now in your research you've discovered that Jefferson AKA the "howling atheist" in his day by his political opponents, had a hobby of taking sharp instruments to the Bible. To seek out and rearrange what he called "diamonds in a dunghill" .. he eventually ended up with the Jefferson bible. A book that omitted all the miracles and the resurrection...but held onto the moral teachings that he felt had value.

Fursniper, it seemed to me like the remark in the treaty represented the position of the country stated in an official legal document between two countries.

According to the sources you quoted, all of the others appear to be personal testimonies in a diary and letters, which carry no more weight than if he had said Mars was his favorite god of war.

Edit:

I read the wiki link you posted.
" It was ratified by the Senate unanimously without debate on June 7, 1797, taking effect June 10, 1797, with the signature of President John Adams."

Hmmmmm....
Looks like the Senate ratified the treaty (and the comment) unanimously without debate.

Last edited:
Back