Ruger SR1911 in 10mm

The feedback on the EAA polymers is mixed, but the metal models seem to get pretty decent reviews.

I was looking at getting an EAA but decided against it as there is not as much aftermarket support and the model I was looking at, the front sight was part of the slide. Of coarse, it can be milled for a dove tail.

Sometimes we have to take a chance and form our own opinion, but like me, who doesn't like spending their hard earned dollars on a product that has been proven, or at least known for great support, if needed.

Not sure why, but Remington has never been on my radar for pistols. I have nothing against them, just never owned one so more than likely why they're not my first choice .

I have a Match 10 mm Witness, but have yet to have messed with it. Only issues I know of with them were, A. EAA's customer service could be bad at times, & B., when they went to the "scalloped" slides, they had cracking issues in the 10 mm models. Non-scalloped models like mine dont seem to have the issue. Check out https://www.henningshop.com/tanfoglio_parts_pr-9249.aspx for tuning them up. Talked to him a few years ago about some things, and he was helpful over the phone and races what he sells.

If you are looking for a all steel 1911 in the 10mm, take a look at the Rock Island Armory...I picked up one a couple of months ago for a little over $700 and it has a lot of features that would be after market on some of the older ones, ie. Ambidextrous thumb Safety, Hi Vis fiber optic front sight/adjustable rear, and mag well throat and I found the fit & finish to be really good...The stainless mags are some I've had and didn't come with the gun

Originally Posted By: GC I owned a Colt Delta Elite years ago and it was a shooting machine. It was an accurate pistol that I shot pretty well.

Same here. I had a Delta Elite that was a fine gun, accurate and hard hitting. Like a fool I traded it off.

I traded my 10 mil Delta on a stainless Gov't Model in .45 ACP. The agency I was with offered free .45 ammo and it was an easy decision at the time.

Back