NV for Hogs

contact the guys at thirdcoastthermals.com let them fit you to the best NV or thermal optics for you needs.

Originally Posted By: guesscontact the guys at thirdcoastthermals.com let them fit you to the best NV or thermal optics for you needs.

They are out of my price range

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaOriginally Posted By: guesscontact the guys at thirdcoastthermals.com let them fit you to the best NV or thermal optics for you needs.

They are out of my price range

ATN is what I have been using for over a year or so. I have the X-Sight Gen. 1; which has been pretty decent. I upgraded and with the Thor; it has been a game changer for hog hunting. I still use my NV but prefer my thermal if hunting hogs at night. And ATN does have clip-on night vision for your scope that you want to keep but they runs in thousands. X-Sight II scopes are day or night and you can record your hunts.

We took my dad out last week to have a look around his area. We saw 2 trespassers. Now he wants NV or Thermal. He's been shopping on his own. I will tell you like I'm telling him. In most cases you get what you pay for. Pay Once and get a good product, go cheap and you'll pay forever. I know they are pricey and hard to justify, but if you ever use a good quality NV or Thermal there's not turning back! either save up for a good one or just save period. Call TCT and see what they can do for you. I'm betting they have more than what's listed.

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaI would like to get NV but I would like to keep my existing Day Scope. What should I buy?

I have no experience with this unit but you might do some research and see if it will work for your setup since you want to keep your day scope. It is a new clip on thermal from Pulsar with a 384 core. Cost is around $1800. That's about as cheap as it gets for thermal.

http://www.pulsar-nv.com/products/therma...ing-attachment/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: guessWe took my dad out last week to have a look around his area. We saw 2 trespassers. Now he wants NV or Thermal. He's been shopping on his own. I will tell you like I'm telling him. In most cases you get what you pay for. Pay Once and get a good product, go cheap and you'll pay forever. I know they are pricey and hard to justify, but if you ever use a good quality NV or Thermal there's not turning back! either save up for a good one or just save period. Call TCT and see what they can do for you. I'm betting they have more than what's listed.

Exactly!

Buy once & Cry once!!!

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaI would like to get NV but I would like to keep my existing Day Scope. What should I buy?

There are various options and with various prices.

1. A clip-on NV scope that attaches in front of your day scope.

2. A PVS14 or similar that attaches to the ocular (eye piece).

3. A day scope set in quick detach rings, and a NV scope in the same type rings, and switch them out as needed. I have the Photon XT 6.5x NV scope and a Leupold day scope, both in quick detach rings. Tests show that zero is maintained plenty good enough when switching from one to the other.

4. Use a thermal scope or something like the ATN X-Sight for a "do it all" outfit" in one unit. The X-Sight has mixed reviews.

Back