Custom Shooting Sticks Kit *FREE* limited quantity - SOLD OUT

Brad W

When stalking many hunters prefer good old fashion shooting sticks over tactical bipods and monopods. Shooting sticks are simple, provide a solid rest, and tend to withstand more abuse. This kit is for making your own custom and superior shooting sticks. Many people will use cordage and knots to hold their sticks together but knots can and eventually will come undone, cordage can fray and break, the sticks tend to slap together and make noise when not in use, and bad weather can make the knot slip on the sticks. With this kit you have none of those problems. Rain, shine, snow, or heatwave these sticks will be a reliable rest so you can take the shot. They also have a quick release stick holder so that they are dead silent while you stalk or scout.

Handmade using the highest quality material. The rubber is soft but amazingly strong. I have hung 85lbs from one without tearing which is much more stress than they will ever experience in the field.

To complete your sticks you simply pick up two 3/8" hardwood dowels, cut them to desired length, and add your favorite finish. Locally I can buy 3 foot oak dowels for $1.50 each (Home Depot). I used a poly plus stain finish for the set above which is cheap, easy, and effective. You could also use any other type of rod or dowel you want as long as it is a similar diameter.

This kit allows the flexibility to create shooting sticks of any length and style for your shooting preference. A camo or other paint finish would work as well.

Each kit includes the main grommet and a quick detaching stick holder as shown above. STICKS NOT INCLUDED

3 sets available in the Forest Green color above

3 sets available in Crimson Red

$25 shipped for 1 set

$20 for each additional set (2 sets = 25+20)

*Limited Quantity Deal* To get this new project moving I'm willing to make this one time deal. Post a picture of your finished kit and get a full refund minus $4 shipping.

Thanks
Brad

Last edited:
I'm sure you could but it will not want to move for adjustment. I could certainly make them for 1/2 or 5/8 if that is desirable to people. I use 3/8 because of weight and have found them to be plenty strong in hardwood.

Edit: I just tried 7/16" and it works but bigger would be a pretty tight fit. I'd recommend trying oak 7/16 even for standing height sticks.

If you guys would prefer 1/2-5/8 let me know because I am happy to customize to the forum's preference. 3/8" is the sweet spot for me especially for stalking type kneel rest.

Last edited:
Alright to get some momentum here I am going to offer a one time deal.

I have 7 sets ready (3 green 3 red 1 clear translucent). For these first 7 (limit 1 per person) orders I will give a full refund less $4 for shipping when you post a picture of your finished sticks.

So as long as you can post a picture you just pay shipping for these handmade heavy duty shooting stick kits.

Last edited:
Brad is a new H.O.B. on the board and I just wanted to say I have made multiple transactions with him outside of this forum and he is a honest reliable guy who will go above and beyond to make a customer happy with what he has to offer.

That being said I would like a set in red thanks Brad.

Mike

Thanks!

Adam and Mike have received their sets, WMH's is in transit, and payment has been received from DoubleCK

Remaining: 1xRed 1xGreen 1xClear

Last edited:
I got to try mine out for a few minutes this evening. Very pleased with them so far. The material is of nice good quality and seems that it will be very durable and long lasting. I used 36" long 7/16" diameter poplar dowels as the local hardware store didn't have any oak. Even with the poplar, 7/16 was very sturdy and the dowels didn't flex when supporting the weight of a rifle, or even when I leaned into it a bit. I tried three different rifles in varying weights and the 7/16" poplar supported each. 7/16" is a tight fit, and I do plan to try some 3/8" oak when I go by Lowes or Home Depot. The only issue I found using the 7/16" is on the damper piece. The side that's split to slip on/off the bottom of the dowels to keep them from banging together when carrying has a hard time staying up on the 7/16" dowel. 36" is perfect for using in a kneeling/seated position. These kits are a winner in my book. Much better than the setup I made once using castration bands. The holes showed no wear or stretching after removing the dowels to check for durability, and I used a larger size dowel than they were designed for.

35373581590_de17c353e7_z_d.jpg

35373581910_1a4d520386_z_d.jpg

Remington Seven Predator (fairly light)
34904542264_016505dc67_z_d.jpg

34904547644_676ba8f753_z_d.jpg

22" STD profile AR (average weight)
34936573213_a1dfedc6a1_z_d.jpg

Remington 700 VLS (kind of heavy)
35576766722_db7f38e163_z_d.jpg

Last edited:
The white stuff on the red material is fuzz from putting them in my pocket, not a defect or blem in the material.

Got my set also and like Adam I am totally satisfied with this setup.I did get 3/8 Oak dowel rods from the local Home Depot.

I have shot off them and they seem to be a nice solid rest and they are really lightweight.I like being able to lock the legs to prevent the sticks from slapping together and the 3/8 rod locks nicely in the cut out damper.

These are way better then my homemade bamboo rubberband set! Nicely done Brad thanks again.

Thanks for the pictures guys. Refunds were sent right when they were posted.

I also wanted to note that these will hold up past 400 degrees Fahrenheit so no worries on even the hottest days. They also won't get any more gummy or or breakdown over time. They should be good to pass down one day. Knowing their durability I am happy to offer replacements for any set that fails for life.

I have one red and one green so in order of request Red to Bad Dawg and the last green to Matlock.

Down to one translucent clear set left with this deal.

Just got back from the range with my 8yo son. Figured I'd snap some pics before I forget again.
20170718_150253_zpsdux7xij4.jpg

20170718_150240_zpsxvtrhqo2.jpg

Just some standard 3/8" dowels, burned and sanded. Brad's kit is really nice. I've made two sets of sticks before, one with a bolt and another with leather strips, these are hands down the ones I like the most. Locking the legs together is super easy.
My son shot his 22lr off of them today and he likes them also
20170718_150051_zps5juem6pc.jpg

And I shot my 454 casull off of them
20170718_150158_zpswuyoc9jn.jpg

I also shot my 45/70 off of them but cleaned and put it in the safe before I remembered to write this. I like the fact that the top rubber/plastic ring acts like a cusion aswell.

Great job Brad.

For anyone who is concerned about the 3/8 dowels being too thin I have not heard that from anyone who has received a set even after asking about it. If you are using oak or other hardwood dowels they are quite sturdy and plenty stiff while also being very light to carry. If anyone is concerned about the 3/8ths, try it and if you are not happy I will take them back with no resistance.

Also just as a reminder there is one translucent/clear set still available for free ($4 for shipping) after you share pictures.

Back