New Pulsar Helion, Trail, Core, Thermals videos & pics! NEW VIDEO 9/11!

Black and white is fine with me but I do wonder why they made the helion with a full color palette and the trails black and white only. Some of colors on the helion are actually pretty sweet and sepia was definitely my preferred color on my apex.

Anyone had any luck installing the new firmware? My app just crashes as soon as I start the install. XQ50 here.

One thing I hope they change aside from the sound is I'd like to have the reticle one color. Black or white. Not really liking how the reticle is black in the center aim point then the rest is white and vice versa. I like black hot but it makes it hard to see the reticle if the center part is black. Then if you make the center part white, the rest of the reticle is black and it washes out against black hot.

Originally Posted By: MDMAnyone had any luck installing the new firmware? My app just crashes as soon as I start the install. XQ50 here.

One thing I hope they change aside from the sound is I'd like to have the reticle one color. Black or white. Not really liking how the reticle is black in the center aim point then the rest is white and vice versa. I like black hot but it makes it hard to see the reticle if the center part is black. Then if you make the center part white, the rest of the reticle is black and it washes out against black hot.

I have a Trail XQ38.

It took 3 tries via the Stream Vision app but I was able to successfully install the firmware update (the first 2 attempts failed towards the end of the install).

Current FW version is now: 1.0.38.F

However, I just made some recordings and still no native sound/audio. I thought this new FW release in June was supposed to activate the on-board microphone?

Anyone have any info?

EDIT:

FYI - Just saw this video review of the Trail XP38. This gentleman says at 7:58 minutes in that the 1.0.38 firmware update does not fix the sound issue yet. But what it does is extend the battery life. So I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for the audio fix.

Last edited:
6, I don't see any mention of it in the specs. I guess with wifi, you could record to your phone and accomplish the same thing basically. Maybe Tom or Vic will come on and tell you for sure.

The audio for this video was recorded with the shooters phone. Then added into the video in post production.

The audio update is coming soon according to Pulsar.

Double Up is correct. No A\V ports. You can record to your smart device via the wifi connection. The best footage comes from the internal DVR.

Its pretty amazing to me that Pulsar made a scope with software updates. I wonder what other improvements/updates might come out in the future besides the audio issue hopefully being resolved.

The following Pulsar Thermals are IN STOCK and ready to ship.
thumbup1.gif
6-22-17

Core FXD50 1
Core RXQ30V 3
Helion XP38 2
Helion XQ30F 1
Helion XP28 1
Trail XP38 1

Night Goggles Inc is pleased to introduce a new addition to our Team.

Bostock NGI Head Shot

James Bostock of Twin Falls, Idaho has always been an avid hunter and sportsman. He grew up in a day when a couple of rifles could be found in the back window of nearly every pick-up in town. After school and chores, he went afield hunting, pheasants, chukars, ducks, geese, rabbits, rock chucks, deer and coyotes, no matter the conditions.

Most of his classmates thought James would become a Fish & Game Officer or a Taxidermist. However, James went to college and earned his Master's degree. He's currently employed at a rural school district where he passes his love of hunting on to new generations. He also is a Hunter's safety instructor for local youth.

James fully embraces technology as it relates to predators using night vision and thermal as primary tools to extend the time he can spend out hunting. "There's something peaceful about being in the field at night... and electric as well. It's my favorite part of the day to hunt!". As a hardcore predator hunter, James is excited to be a member of the Night Googles team and is looking forward to sharing his knowledge and experience with other night hunting enthusiasts.

Welcome aboard Brother. We're lucky to have you!

Tom Austin
Program Director
Night Goggles Inc

Back