Hey Sandy Hicks!

hm1996

Staff member
Hope you're keepin' your feet dry up there, Jerry. Did you guys have to shut down for the storm or did it go far enough east of you?

Regards,
hm

Sorry for the late reply Clarence but I spent the storm in Ohio. I was on my annual motorcycle trip with the family. We just got back Friday after 3,985 miles.

We got 8 inches of rain and some people traded ahifts to avoid long drives to work but everything stayed up. I am on the hurricane team and a lead operator so I would have to be there if it had made hurricane status. I hope that this isnt an omen.

Glad it worked out, Jerry.

I was operator in distillation unit when Beaula hit in '68 (if I remember correctly). Our shift was in the "bubble" right up until the last minute to stay during the storm but it stalled offshore for several hours and we got relieved. They did have to shut down for that one as we caught direct hit. Pretty snarky startup afterwards, though.

Might be an omen; the Gulf is sure warm for this time of year. I sure don't look forward to any hurricane prep....getin' too old for that stuff.

Regards,
hm

Hey Sandy,
Glad y'all had a good trip and made it home safe!!
thumbup1.gif

Thanks FW. We slid through a whole bunch of hollers on this trip. 14 days on the road. La. Ms. Al. Tn. Ky. Ohio. Pa. Md. Va. WVa. One of our worst trips. Lots of rain. Saw some pretty country though and met lots of nice folks along the way. We try to ride 2 lane roads as much as possible. America isnt located on the interstate. Saw the stars and bars flying off of regular folks porches from East Texas to Lake Eerie.

Cant remember the name of the last one that hit Bolivar. We ran rigbt up to the last minute and the refluxed everything back to the towers and tripped the heaters. We blocked in the battery limits and let it run like that until the power failed. That made for a fun start up. The procedures have been changed since then but you know how that goes.

Last edited:
Yeah we passed through. Didnt attend any services. We were all over Tn. from Dale Hollow back east.
We have a harley trike with lots of airbrush work of the archangel fighting a dragon pulling a pearl white trailer. A black harley trike and I ride a candy red harley.

I saw a lilysdad license plate in WVa. Whats the odds of two guys using that call sign.

Met a nice cop in Ky. on an electric motorcycle. Pretty neat and cost effective.

Last edited:
Back