Meat loaf for the church dinner!!

fw707

Put these on the smoker about an hour ago:

Pictures of the finished product shortly!
grin.gif

WOW!!! I wish I could be there to enjoy that meatloaf!

I love meatloaf, and can honestly say, that i have never had it wrapped in bacon before.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Mmmmmm. Sure looks good!

Regards,
hm

Thanks hm!
Just took them off the grill. Should be some grinning folks in the food line!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootThat looks dang good!

For church? Thought you were atheist? Did I miss something here?

Nope, you didn't miss anything!
About 95% of my family and friends are devout Christians. I love and respect all of them and I do anything I can for them any time I can.
Nothing I enjoy more than having Easter and Christmas dinner ready when they come home from church.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootGood to hear....brother.
thumbup1.gif

And thank you.
Most folks are so busy hating that they never find time to ask.

thumbup1.gif

Can't wait till these dang smart phones have smell-o-vision.
drool.gif

Just spent the last 2 hrs cooking a big pot of pozole soup. The house smells fabulous! But it's too dang hot to be eating hot soup. So it's 50 Cent corn dog night from Sonic haha.

Picked up some salmon and defrosted a pork butt to run through the smoker this weekend.

Haha!
That would be great!!

The meat loaf version is new. I've done several with Italian sausage and peppers, onions, and cheese rolled up in them.
They are killer!!

Originally Posted By: crapshootCan't wait till these dang smart phones have smell-o-vision.
drool.gif

Just spent the last 2 hrs cooking a big pot of pozole soup. The house smells fabulous! But it's too dang hot to be eating hot soup. So it's 50 Cent corn dog night from Sonic haha.

Picked up some salmon and defrosted a pork butt to run through the smoker this weekend.

Post up some pictures!
We have 2 butts (10 pounds each) to do next week.

I will say that is the most incredible looking meatloaf and stuffed sausage I've ever seen. There a recipe for that or did you come up with it?

Originally Posted By: DholsappleI will say that is the most incredible looking meatloaf and stuffed sausage I've ever seen. There a recipe for that or did you come up with it?

It's just a good basic meat loaf that makes a firm loaf so it'll hold together when you wrap it.
We got the recipe from a friend. I can post it here if you'd like to have it.

The one with the cheese and peppers in the center is made from a one-pound package of
Johnsonville Italian sausage. Just flatten it out a little more with a rolling pin, cover it with the peppers, onion, and cheese, roll it up like a jelly roll, and wrap it.

They take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to hit 165 internal at 250 degrees on the smoker.

Originally Posted By: DholsappleWill have to try that. Thanks

You're welcome.
thumbup1.gif

The Italian sausage version is my favorite, but I'll be glad to post the meat loaf recipe too if you or anybody else wants it.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: DholsappleWill have to try that. Thanks

You're welcome.
thumbup1.gif

The Italian sausage version is my favorite, but I'll be glad to post the meat loaf recipe too if you or anybody else wants it.

I'd like to try the meatloaf if you don't mind posting, Jeff. Thank you!

Regards,
Clarence

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: DholsappleWill have to try that. Thanks

You're welcome.
thumbup1.gif

I'd like to try the meatloaf if you don't mind posting, Jeff. Thank you!

Regards,
Clarence

Clarence, I'll look it up and post it today.
thumbup1.gif

It's from a cookbook my aunt published a few years ago:

Last edited:
Back