What age do you think a boy should get his first rifle?

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660My friends daughter is 9, and I would not even let her use a sharp knife in the kitchen... Just depends on the kid.

My nephew is 40 and I wouldn't trust him with a butter knife.

It ALL depends on the child. I had my daughter exposed to my guns at a VERY early age. I bought her a rifle when she was 5yrs old. I trust her completely.
Hahaha, for fathers day she insisted on buying me a few boxes of 12ga ammo for sporting clays. She then eduated her mother on 8 shot vs. 7 1/2 and insisted that I needed 1 1/8oz.
She something else!
The eduacation never stops! And you cant make the firearm something mystical to a child. Meaning, when ever my daughter (at a young age, not so much now) wanted to see my guns, we would go to the safe as long as we had time. As in we werent about to go anywhere. She would point to one and I would get it out of the safe as long as it wasnt loaded. If it was loaded I would simply tell her she cant see that one right now so pick a different one.
Sometimes it would only be 2-3, and other times she would ask to see SEVERAL, lol.
I trust her around a gun more than most of my adult friends!

Last edited:
Back