How many coyote killing rifles do you have?

Rem 700 223, AR, TC Contender 30-30 w/an Eotech 552 w handloaded seirra 125 jhp.this is my fave,200 yd w ease....shot a doe on a dead hold this past season at 170yds w it. Its a bit over 4#. Had a 243,204, 22-250 n dumped em all for the 223.

I have 4 that I use for coyotes.
AR-15 in 223
Heavy Barrel bolt .223
.204 bolt
22-250 bolt

I just need to get out and use them for what they were intended more often!
smile.gif

Ive had several and weeded everything down to two, my two cheapest rifles at that. I lucked out, or maybe many others just cant shoot, they shoot so well I couldnt justify the customs I was planning or any of the more expensive rifles I already had. Decided my money was better spent on nicer reloading equipment and supplies and a suppressor, the only survivors of the sell off are:

Rough country rifle-
Rem 700 ADL 22-250 cut to 22" and threaded. Burris Predator Quest 4.5-14*42. Had a buddy put a pretty nice wet dip paint job on the rifle as well.

Open Prairie Rifle
Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor in an MDT LSS chassis. Timney trigger that breaks at 18oz. Burris Mtac 4.5-14×42 with the turret caps thrown away.

I've had a bad hankerin to build a 20-250AI and a 6 mm AI for years but with the performance I've been able to squeaze out of these CHEAP rifles i just havent been able to talk my self into it.

If they are going hunting with me they are wearing a Lane Scorpian King supperssor.

Now that dont list any of my rimfires, shotguns, pistols or even the trusty Mod 94 that all do the job when the situation calls for it.

Last edited:
I have 3 that I have just for coyotes a savage axis 223 with 2-12 Nikon m223 scope. My 6x6.8 BHW ar15 with a 4-16 viper pst, my savage axis with a BHW 22-243 barrel and Timney trigger and 6-24 viper pst.

Let's add this to the OP here on this thread.

Show us your ecallers and favorite Yote guns, favorite Swarovski binoculars, your home address and what the best time of the day you are not home!!

Back