XP 50 pulsars ?

funny ! after I posted, his XP 50 came in . We got to try it out on a pig hunting trip that night . I really liked it !

Originally Posted By: Alan Dfunny ! after I posted, his XP 50 came in . We got to try it out on a pig hunting trip that night . I really liked it !

Did it record sound?

Thing I'm having a small issue with is when I move the reticle 1 click it moves the point of impact about 1.25 inches which is too much. I called tech support and they said moving .93 inches is what its supposed to do. That's still too much. I'm zeroing at 100m.

Mines going back to the factory dammit.When you move the zeroing coordinate 1 click it jumps the point of impact 6 inches now. Tried to move it one click back and it moved plum off the paper. Talked to a nice guy named Earl at Pulsar and I bet they get me squared away, just hate the hassle. Looks like getting mine quick thru Amazon wasn't such a good thing after all.

So somebody tell me when zeroing your XP50 you tap the button and move the coordinates 1 click how far does it move your point of impact for that 1 click?

Are you zeroing while zoomed in? I know that changes the amount of adjustment for some other units. If I remember correctly the more you zoom in the less adjustment you get. Thus 1x maybe 1.25" and 3x would be .4".

Last edited:
I appreciate the thought T, I thought of that 2 and as a matter of fact it does make a significant difference with my ir defense unit. After scouring the in my opinion difficult instruction book I did not find any refrence but just to make sure all adjustments were made with same zoom.
Heres what convinced me mines broke. Before moving anything I wrote down the coordinates seen in the upper right corner, took a shot, moved one click took a shot, moved coordinates back to original setting and the poi had moved off the paper and off target almost 6 inches!!!
This is with a stag model 7 that with another day scope shoots sub moa and with the other ir unit that was mounted on it have seen lots of sub moa groups.
I'm not infalable but I have confidence in my handloads and my old eyes are experienced paper punchers.
Shipped it back today and will be sitting on pins and needles as I'm down to one scope now and the xp50 was my primary scanner. I just mounted the xp50 on the rifle as possible backup and to see how really possible it was to mount and dismount and remount and have same poi which surprised me was really good. After remounting the poi was only 3/4 inch off which in my opinion is not perfect but better than expected.
The people at Sellmark have been very good to deal with but tell me mines the first of this issue. The answer I got when I talked to support was disconcerting and Im not sure the individual knew or understood but he claimed that one click was supposed to move it .93 inches at 100 meters. I intend to try to reach this person and discuss more as he may have been reading from some spec sheet and transposed .093 to .93.

Back