Question for 204 ruger guys

Well from the last ten years of shooting the 204 and its my only coyote gun and having tried every round out of mine.

35 grain berger has been my favorite- flats and no fur damage.

40gr berger is great as well, but little more damage.

32 nosler was a favorite for year or two- but my load was hot- 4300 + and was at the end of my first barrel.

32 v-max was a half of a year and blew big holes and couldn't get the penetration.

Never used the 40's in either.

I will say that in the 35's I would push them as fast as possible- as there is a big difference in performance in a few hundred fps.

Best factory is the hsm 35 berger followed by 32 gr noslers for coyotes.

My first post. I'm new to coyote hunting. However, those that have introduced me to it are not. I bought a Ruger .204 on their advice. I really love the accuracy of the gun and am currently using the Hornady 32gr superformance. However, the real professional in the group reloads his own. He is using the 26gr Barnes Varmint Grenade Bullet. Anyone else try this bullet out? I didn't see any mention of it.

While I prefer 40 gr Nosler BT's (I reload), if I had to go "factory", I'd go back to the Win 36 gr SP's (assuming they are still made, and available) I had pretty good luck with them, years ago.

Back