A Father's Day Present

DoubleUp

Killed this one last night. A nice Father's Day Present. I was trying to let my hunting partner have the shot on this hard charger, but his rifle misfired. I managed to recover after just missing the going away shot slightly to the right.

Good sized male.

Last edited:
When I first picked the coyote up with the video he was only about 50-75 feet. My partner was watching the upwind and I was watching the downwind. My partner beeped me on the radio that he saw one and when I turned around with the thermal scanner, he was about 300 yds. but coming hard. By the time I could switch around with the tripod and rifle he was right on us and that's where the video picks him up.

When my partner turned his IR light on it spooked the coyote a little with him being so close to us, but I would say that the coyote was probably about 75 yds. when my partner's rifle misfired. You can see the coyote turned his head at the rifle click. My hunting partner is shooting a Photon 6.5 on his AR and so the coyote was so close at first that all he could see was fur. He was running video on his rifle as well and told me that even if his rifle had not clicked on the shot that he would have missed according to his video. I haven't watched it.

I really didn't even intend to shoot. My partner has been having a run of bad luck lately, and I knew he needed to put one down to get his confidence back. Unfortunately this wasn't the one to do that.

Back