Anybody load for a 20 Vartarg?

Bauxite

New to this forum, but looking for anybody who loads for a Vartarg. There is so little data available, but hunters know what works for accuracy and distance. Thanks for any input. Frank

H4198 and AA2200 have been the best for me with the 32 SBK .
RL10 and AA1680 also work well but not as high as velocity as 4198 or 2200.
I have also had good results with 8208 and the 39gr SBK.

I'm using LC09 & LC13 5.56 brass reformed to20VT also Lapua 221fb reformed to 20VT.

I've killed groundhogs out past 450 yards with the 32sbk and 2200 load

My go to powder is RL-7 with a 32 gr bullet. I've also used some AA2200 with good results. I'm using Remington and Lapua brass in my 20 VT, with a Remington 7 1/2 primer. I use my VT mainly for prairie dogs, just shot over 400 rounds thru it about a week ago. It's a solid 400 yard prairie dog gun, but I've shot some very good groups out to 500 yards.

Originally Posted By: BauxiteNew to this forum, but looking for anybody who loads for a Vartarg. There is so little data available, but hunters know what works for accuracy and distance. Thanks for any input. Frank

Google Woodchuck Den. Todd Kindler has a book on 20's with a lot of info including load data on the 20VT. Its a very efficient round.

I use H4198 with a 32gr Blitzking. Most accurate rifle I own, and I own some good ones. It is a walking varminter and I have only shot it to 250 yards while walking and looking for woodchucks. Big fan of the caliber.

Back