Happy bl00dy Father's Day

Infidel 762

Staff member
Inside; I slept in late, only to be awoken by my kids with chocolate and happy Father's Day wishes.

Outside; hot with sustained high winds for the past eight days.

Finally the winds showed signs of easing by late afternoon. Drove down the road a few miles from my house to check a spot. An open 160 acre tract with farmer working his field to the north. The other half of the section is a mix of standing rye, rolling hills and a brushy creek bottom.

Last hour of light I set out towards the 4 corner center of the section. Creek bottom on the neighboring land has shade, water and cover. I make it to where I am going to set up and jump a deer as I crested the hill. She bounces off prancing thru the rye heading towards the area I wanted to call coyote from. Moments later I have a coyote start threat barking a couple hundred yards in the rye field. Normally in this situation I would leave and call this set another day, however I start thinking that maybe he is barking at the noise the deer made.

I setup quite as I could, let out a few howls then went right in canine distress. Within the first few minutes I have a coyote come out of the rye field. He came in on a string until the 40gr. VMax splashed low on his shoulder.

Aside from my kids, this is top ranking Father's Day gift..

Hope you all had a happy Father's Day...

Don't waste any time do ya, Jeremy?
wink.gif
lol.gif
Good show old chap.

Regards,
Clarence

Splashes can be so messy. Not sure how some people can claim they never happen. At least it's down.
Double score for the satisfaction factor.

Back