Trip #2 for prairie dogs better then the first

jetman

WELL
I tried to interest some of the Boyz to go kill some on our yearly gopher shooting extravaganza, , but no takers.
OK
My buddy and I went and did extremely well.
It's not a long walk but far enough off the road to be virtually an UN-shot colony.
We got there around 9:00 am and shot continuously till 1:00 pm when we had to go. I managed to blow of near 150 22/250 shells and my buddy 1/2 that many more , AR affect...
No guess on the death toll but it was extensive.
Most shots around 175/200 yards but some at 50 and a fair amount 300 Plus. Great day for sure.
pd%20e_zpswnvxex0c.jpg

pd%20d_zpszcvuhxyy.jpg

pd%20g_zpsfftnff2w.jpg

Thanks Jet, Ive googled them but I guess Im such a visual person its hard to imagine until I see one with my own eyes, lol. A friend told me took practice shooting at a size 11-12 boot. He said that was a pretty good actual size, hahaha.
Me and a buddy hope to be goingon a p-dog hunt soon. Still need one more scope and Im set.

Sure did miss going this year. I hope that will all be changed next year and it is going to take a major act of God to keep me from going. I loved my local and Nevada ground squirrel hunting but prairie dogs are in a league all by themselves.

Glad you guys went and had such a great time. Well done.

We just got back from a trip out west. Numbers were down and the size of the pd's this year were much smaller than last year. And we went at exactly the same time of year. Most of the pd's we shot were the size of chipmunks, here in Ga. I did get to break in my new Anschutz 17 hmr, and it worked well on the small targets.
Your shooting place is much more scenic than the area we shot. Great photos.

Back