6.8 spc bolt......who makes a decent one at a decent price?

varminter .223

Im needing one for my 6x6.8 project. I see SSA sells one for $44.95. Im not looking to jeopardize quality to save a few bucks but Im not looking to spend any more than necessary to get one that functions. You guys have any leads?

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Im needing one for my 6x6.8 project. I see SSA sells one for $44.95. Im not looking to jeopardize quality to save a few bucks but Im not looking to spend any more than necessary to get one that functions. You guys have any leads?

DO NOT BUY THAT BOLT!

Go with RGuns, Rubber City, PSA or Stag and be happy.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Im needing one for my 6x6.8 project. I see SSA sells one for $44.95. Im not looking to jeopardize quality to save a few bucks but Im not looking to spend any more than necessary to get one that functions. You guys have any leads?

DO NOT BUY THAT BOLT!

Go with RGuns, Rubber City, PSA or Stag and be happy.

Greg

+ 1

Underground Tactical is another maker I would AVOID. I'm currently in a battle to get funds refunded for an out of spec Grendel bolt.

I'd also avoid the SAA bolts now as I've broken a 7.62 bolt of theirs. To their credit they did replace it though. Also avoid anything Radical makes IMO.

Nicest bolt I've ever bought was from Young, but it comes dear.

LMT proably makes the toughest bolt but they don't come cheap. I know there are some guys pushing these bolt on a 6x6.8 very hard.

I ordered some nitrided BCGs from Aim Surplus. They have worked well for me in the past and seem to make a quality BCG/bolts at an affordable price.

I've had them from various suppliers and had no issues. RGUNS has some decent ones. Not going crazy you rarely will have any problems. Avoid the ones from Surplus Arms.

Greg

Originally Posted By: FirehandGreg you need to twist the arm of someone at Young to do a 6.8 bolt. I looked there yesterday and nada.... what a shame

You're a little late. Already started working toward that..lol

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: FirehandGreg you need to twist the arm of someone at Young to do a 6.8 bolt. I looked there yesterday and nada.... what a shame

Greg

Would be a great addition to the hornady dies!

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: FirehandGreg you need to twist the arm of someone at Young to do a 6.8 bolt. I looked there yesterday and nada.... what a shame

Greg

Would be a great addition to the hornady dies!

Yes. With one of those a guy could really tip the powder jug.

Greg

Back