Ruger SR1911 in 10mm

Cool that Ruger saw fit to chamber the 10mm in their 1911! I owned a Colt Delta Elite years ago and it was a shooting machine. I made a nice shot on a hard running feral dog at about 35 yards with my Delta. The 175 gr. Silvertip hit the back of the skull and it was very "effective" to say the least. I also took a large feral tomcat that was terrorizing the campground at the state park I was stationed at from a distance of about 70 yards facing me head on. It was an accurate pistol that I shot pretty well. A 1911 10mm with good sights and trigger is a great packing pistol.

Bout time! Now an alloy double-stack frame would make some Glock 20/40's and such not the only get-er-done-for-real options. Good times this post-Ol-Bammy era.

Nothing wrong with Glocks. I'm a fan of the 10mm and like others, I'm glad it's getting some attention amoung manafactures. Who knows, maybe S&W, Ruger, etc will come out with a polymer frame 10mm.

I really enjoy my longslide RIA with 16+ 1 HC. I've been wanting a SS 1911 single stack that is reasonable in price with a manufacture that is known for taking care of their customers.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGBeen waiting for this. Father's Day is coming up and I'm so worth it!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/specSheets/6739.html

You are sounding a little like Heather Locklear (End of Commercial).
smile.gif

Have fun w/ it!
Im drinking the Tikka Kool-Aid @ the moment.

Originally Posted By: 243kimberOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGBeen waiting for this. Father's Day is coming up and I'm so worth it!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/specSheets/6739.html

You are sounding a little like Heather Locklear (End of Commercial).
smile.gif

Have fun w/ it!
Im drinking the Tikka Kool-Aid @ the moment.

Too funny. My wife reminded me that I got a RIA 10mm last father's day and a GP100 for my August birthday. She also reminded me that this year for father's day, birthday, and christmas (combined) that I'm going to Alaska for two weeks in August. So it looks like that I need to wait for 2018.....and I am good with that but lots of sleepless nights dreaming of what the future holds
tongue_smilie.gif

Time to go wash the dishes and her car as a happy wife equals a happy life (22 years strong)!

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOG

I really enjoy my longslide RIA with 16+ 1 HC. I've been wanting a SS 1911 single stack that is reasonable in price with a manufacture that is known for taking care of their customers.

I've been eyeing that one also, I can get the Remington a little cheaper and think I will like the single stack a little better.

Back