Got a new rifle, Tikka T3 .223, Who likes them too?

I am the owner of a last years T3 lite 223, stainless, fluted, 1 in 8 twist barrel. This is my first tikka, so i am asking the standard question of who has one, and what are you shooting out of it? I am looking to see what other owners are shooting and/or not shooting. Thanks in advance

I don't own one but everybody I have known to have one loves them. They are an ice smooth action. I talked to a smith about building off of a tikka action he told me have it rebarreled aftermarket stock bedded is all that is needed for a tikka. Triggers are nice and actions have high tolerances from what I understood. I would try some of the heavier loads for it with yours since it's a faster twist. Maybe the 53g vmax load for the lighter loads.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite 1-8" twist that I had reamed out to 223AI, it is a great shooter. I use 35 gr and 40 gr Lead Free bullets for fire forming when I am shooting ground squirrels.

The 1-8" twist barrel shoots the long 55 gr and 62 gr Lead Free bullets pretty good.

I really enjoy my Tikka,s 308 6.5 ctr and a 204 ruger.They all shoot awesome I like to be sure and have one with me on range day when I am doing load work up on another rifle that's not shooting well.You are going to like your Tikka!

was looking at same rifle in 243 but cant seem to find one...i def love tikkas, had 1 in 204 last year and traded it in favor of a weatherby 223...that said i also bought a T3X Forest in 7-08, rifle itself was a beauty, but mag feed issues got it sent down the road.
i personally feel the older T3 is a better rifle than the revamped X models.

I have the same gun, and can't remember of any factory or reload that it didn't like. Mine really likes a 55 v-max and TAC powder. Also the Hornady Superformance 53 v-max factory.
I did all my load testing with a Bushnell 7-21x scope, and I think that makes a lot of difference. A good trigger (which you have) and a LOT of scope gives you a true picture of how good the gun and load really are. Course the shooter has to do his part!

Been shooting Tikka's for a long time and through a couple manufacturer twist rate per caliber changes.
Have also endured being kicked around early on by a few Remington groupies here. Funny how that has turned out.
I shoot .223 &.22-250 caliber often but like the lighter bullets.
Have had many configurations and been happy with them all, shooting good groups with a wide variety of factory ammo.

Bought a 7mm08 the first year the Tikkas came out. If for some god-awful reason that I had to give up all my rifles except one, well the tikka would be the winner.

I have a multitude of powders including varget, both 4895's, benchmark, 8208 xbr, and N133, so i believe i have that covered. Still trying to figure out which bullets to try, my LGS has a very limited selection, so i will take suggestions and order some. Thanks for all the insight

I bought a Tika T3 Hunter in 222 when Eurooptics was closing the T3's out for $499 just to see what all the fuss over Tika's was about.
It was every bit as accurate as folks say but I just couldn't get past all the plastic parts.

I sold it last week.

I have owned Tikka rifles for years dating back to the 595/695 Model rifles and all have been very functional. My first T-3 was an 8" twist 223 Rem bought right after the T-3 rifles appeared.

The T-3's do have an abundance of "plastic" on them and that does turn off some people, but it is actually Delrin which is a very durable "plastic". I've never had any problems with the various T-3's I've owned, and the supposed plastic down-side is a non-issue for me as the rifles themselves are utilitarian and not family heirloom grade.

They are a good value for the money spent.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanI have owned Tikka rifles for years dating back to the 595/695 Model rifles and all have been very functional. My first T-3 was an 8" twist 223 Rem bought right after the T-3 rifles appeared.

The T-3's do have an abundance of "plastic" on them and that does turn off some people, but it is actually Delrin which is a very durable "plastic". I've never had any problems with the various T-3's I've owned, and the supposed plastic down-side is a non-issue for me as the rifles themselves are utilitarian and not family heirloom grade.

They are a good value for the money spent.

I have no doubt that they'r durable Winny and I can attest to the accuracy but between the plastic and one size fits all ultra long action that can't be single fed they'r just not for me.
They are a nice light weight package with a Sako barrel and trigger though so I can see the attraction.

I'll also add that my dislike for plastic probably has more to do with my age than science.
frown.gif

They can be single fed! I keep hearing this but its not true. Mine ,my sons and my nephews all are single loaded when practicing off the bench.

Originally Posted By: 7887mm08They can be single fed! I keep hearing this but its not true. Mine ,my sons and my nephews all are single loaded when practicing off the bench.

Repete just has a personal allergy to plastic, nothing wrong with personal choice.
Some calibers in the T3 were more difficult to single feed. They changed the opening in the T3X for single feeding. I have got both. The new palm swell/grip is the best improvement for me.
I am personally not worried about it in either model, nor am I worried about the plastic since I grew up with Remington's from the 60's and 70's new with plastic.
As long as they perform the way I like, everything is good. These have not disappointed me.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Originally Posted By: 7887mm08They can be single fed! I keep hearing this but its not true. Mine ,my sons and my nephews all are single loaded when practicing off the bench.

Repete just has a personal allergy to plastic, nothing wrong with personal choice.
Some calibers in the T3 were more difficult to single feed. They changed the opening in the T3X for single feeding. I have got both. The new palm swell/grip is the best improvement for me.
I am personally not worried about it in either model, nor am I worried about the plastic since I grew up with Remington's from the 60's and 70's new with plastic.
As long as they perform the way I like, everything is good. These have not disappointed me.

So that's what those obvious and visible seam lines on ADL trigger guards were about...?? Molded plastic..... Go figure.....
laugh.gif

Plastic in those days was not near as good. Don't know if they could produce Glock's back then. The modern stuff is pretty tolerant to use and even abuse.
Sitting in a modern car you have to look hard to find steel or carry a magnet.
Think I saw a plastic .380 Taurus for about $200 in a magazine.

Just put my new Tikka T3x 270 win though it's paces with a 40 round OCW test w/ 130 SST's @ 200 yards. ( Like religions, I have moved on in believing the myth of the barrel break-in). I found 2 loads to further test @ 500 yards. I received my vertical pistol grip, (Cannot believe how much better my hand/finger fits the trigger), beavertail slip on fore end,( About 5/8'' wider) and my Yodave trigger spring (1lbs. 4oz.). H4831 beat out the RL22 by not a lot. Just over half MOA w/5 shots/. Just a hair over 2900FPS. Waiting patiently for my Whitt machine Muzzle break.
So yes. Drinking the Tikka kook-aid @ the moment.

Back