Vortex viper moa adjustment?

Jim Byers

I recently purchased a viper 6x24x50 with 30mm tube. How many moa of adjustment vertically should it have with a 200 zero and standard rings? Mine is tapped out at 14 moa currently and I just expected I guess for it to have a bit more.

Should have roughly half the listed travel unless you have alignment issues. Sometimes more sometimes less. I think they have 42 MOA travel so 21 MOA is ideal if everything is aligned and mounted square in a perfect world, which rarely happens.

Burris Signature rings with offset inserts solved some very
big problems I was having with two different rifles. With the
20MOA inserts, you don't need to go with the 20MOA base.

Was your rifle shooting quite a bit low with the Viper to begin
with?

I have that scope on a smokeless ML and love it!

The shop that mounted it did the preliminary bore sight.. so I'm not sure how much they cranked on it to get it close. I have Leopold twist lock bases on it.. I was kinda anxious to shoot the rifle so we threw on what they had handy...

After giving this a little more thought it occurred to me too just dial the scope up and then down and see how many moa I get ran way from zero.. I get 14 down and 16 up. For a total of 30 moa travel..

If my logic is correct I could at most put on 15 moa bases an still get the rifle to zero? Am I thinking correctly? A 15 moa base should give me nearly 29 moa of vertical adjustment??

Back