**6x6.8 Hornady FL die set group buy**

midwestpredator

I know there are several of us that have been wanting to get a set of standard fl dies for the 6x6.8 and I finally had enough of the run around from the other place so I decided to shop around a bit.

I talked with hornady this afternoon and I this is what I came up with:

25 set minimum (to get the good pricing)

2 die FL set in 6x6.8

16 week lead time

Price is not 100% finalized as I have some questions as to shipping costs but it should be $120 to $125 max TYD.

I'm putting this out there to see what kind of interest there is in getting these dies made. So who's in?

thumbup1.gif

I can't say 100% for sure as these dies have not been made before however, there are others like them that do the same or similar cartridges and the reviews say they will size them down in one pass.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Will these size down 1x fired 6.8 all the way to 6 in the 1 step. I have had to do my 6.5s in 2 steps or it botches the mouths.

The dies from CH4D will do them in one step. The dies in the wild for similar, but different, wildcats that are nominal 6X6.8 also will do them in one step. I have no doubt the Hornady set up will do it for us.

CH4D also was making 243 LBC dies that do the same thing. I have my order in for one of those for Christmas. I don't need it but I want it..LOL

Greg

I have Hornady dies in 25Dti caliber so I run then thru it first without the expander but I have taken 6 Dti all the way down just to see how it worked and it was fine.
Also if you don't have your 22 Nosler dies yet you can use 22 DTi FL die to size them as well... just have to back off a couple of turns to not set the shoulder back too far worked great.

Originally Posted By: BR Marksman Just curious as to why you would go this route instead of a 6mm Hagar that already has dies and brass out there?

Single source brass that has dried up in the past. Csse length precludes use of some bullets without windowing the magazine. Dies sre not much cheaper in the long run. Barrels are readily available that have a proven track record here and out in the wild with the 6X6.8. Brass for the 6.8 is easy to obtain and magazine length loading is the norm for most usable bullets

Redding dies and bushings currently can be had at less than $100.00 giving flexibility from 6.8 to 20 that costs about $15.00 fora caliber change. These are simply a more nuts and bolts way to get there.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: BR Marksman Just curious as to why you would go this route instead of a 6mm Hagar that already has dies and brass out there?

Single source brass that has dried up in the past. Csse length precludes use of some bullets without windowing the magazine. Dies sre not much cheaper in the long run. Barrels are readily available that have a proven track record here and out in the wild with the 6X6.8. Brass for the 6.8 is easy to obtain and magazine length loading is the norm for most usable bullets

Redding dies and bushings currently can be had at less than $100.00 giving flexibility from 6.8 to 20 that costs about $15.00 fora caliber change. These are simply a more nuts and bolts way to get there.

Greg

My thoughts exactly. The redding bushing dies work just fine as is and have been available since the beginning. The reason for the standard dies are just to provide another option for those who wish to get into a wildcat round but still stick with the traditional FL die setup.

Originally Posted By: deakinI'm in Ritch called this morning and I sent you a PM got it and replied. Thanks

Last edited:
Need a few more to jump on board still. I realize the forum slows down this time of year but it would be nice to get the ball rolling so we can have these dies before fur season.

Last edited:
Back