Problems Ejecting on AR Pistol

Windyhill

Built 7.5 IN BBL ar 223 pistol ,, had a few issue that got worked out but now it isn't ejecting , tries to feed loaded round with fired still in bolt ,

At first was ejecting at all , had a pigtail gas tube , switched to standard fixed that , then wasn't re setting trigger ,, fixed that too,

Took weights out of buffer , didn't seem to help , shooting PMC brass case FMJ ,, it has fired 5 or 6 times in a row but them jams again .

Last edited:
No problem, hope it solves your issue.

I haven't been to their new place they built, every time I drive by on I-80 it's too early in the morning or it's too late in the evening. I'd probably go broke if I lived that close though!

Instead of an o ring, get a Colt extractor spring. The o ring was a temporary fix until Colt could redesign the extractor spring to meet the needs of the then new M4. O rings break down over time and the little pieces will cause problems with extraction. The Colt spring is designed to be used without an o ring. Using an o ring with the Colt spring will result in too much extractor tension

Back