Rechargeable batteries?

SourMash

First off, hello my name is Andy and I like Jack Daniels "SourMash" whiskey
thumbup.gif
. I have been reading this forum off and on for a couple of years but never really posted anything. I just bought my first FoxPro, a shockwave that was on a crazy sale at Gander Mountain. Man does this controller EAT some batteries!! What is the best answer to this? I was using just regular alkaline batteries and I now know better. What are the best brand of rechargeable batteries?

Not sure if they are currently the best sold but I have been using Eneloop for a decade or more and they are impressive.
Costco has good sales on them.
They also make an upgraded version but these do fine for me.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Not sure if they are currently the best sold but I have been using Eneloop for a decade or more and they are impressive.
Costco has good sales on them.
They also make an upgraded version but these do fine for me.

+ 1 I just discarded the original FoxPro batteries that came in my FX3 a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember the name on them but for several years purchased cheaper batteries which turned out to be much shorter life span. Bought my first Eneloop on Amazon 6-8 months ago and they hold a charge much longer when not in use than the cheap ones! (Should have known better
blushing.gif
). Haven't used them enough yet, but I'd bet they hold up longer in use as well. I'm done with the cheaper batteries.

Welcome to PM.

Regards,
hm

Thank you guys for the replies and warm welcome! I will have to check out these eneloop batteries. It sounds like you guys really like them.

Originally Posted By: jcs271I am using a set of eneloops that are at least 5yrs old. Bought at Costco.

Same here, some about 8 years.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Originally Posted By: jcs271I am using a set of eneloops that are at least 5yrs old. Bought at Costco.

Same here, some about 8 years.

Mine are over 4 years old and still going...Got mine on amazon..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06I'm sure the NiteCore is good but only find it in a 4-bay. I would like an 8-bay so all FoxPro batteries can be charged at the same time.

I had the same problem. The NiteCore's are really good chargers, but they only come in four bay. The solution? Buy two of em! That's what I did.

It's like two foot-idous in boats.
The CS24 & Shockwave take a rediculous ten batteries!
I just use several Eneloop chargers that come with the batteries. They don't have the conditioning cycle but my batteries have lasted years.

Originally Posted By: IvetIve been running this set for 2 years now.
Not a single issue and they last a long time in the caller & remote
I still have 30 FoxPro batteries, the charger works for them as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Battery-C...eries&psc=1

Tenergy! That was the brand that came in my FoxPro at least 5-6 years ago and I just threw them away as they finally quit holding a charge. They sure didn't owe me anything when they gave it up!

Regards,
hm

Back