Berger vs. Sierra

bonesarelli

Has anybody who used both Berger and Sierra bullets notice a distinct difference? Are the Bergers worth the price increase? Any other thoughts on accurate predator bullets would be aprreciated. Thanks

15-20 years ago, Berger bullets were noticeably more accurate than Sierras. Since then Sierra has steadily improved while Berger has stayed the same or possibly declined slightly.

At the 2004 National Championships at Camp Perry 38 people made it into the Champions circle by winning at least one match. 36 of those shot Sierra bullets.

Berger still makes great bullets but they no longer have anything on the Sierra MatchKings.

Jack

The 52 gr Berger MEF makes a good hide bullet in my 22/250. At least I haven't managed to shoot through one yet. They shoot as well in my rifles as the Sierra, Speer and Hornady Match bullets I've tried and better than Nosler Ballistic Tips that actually cost more here. For saving pelts the Berger beats all the listed bullets, for just killing coyotes they all work. YMMV

Last edited:
hey bones. One of our advertisers here on the board is a dealer for Berger bullets. He has good prices and as Dogleg said they are cheaper than the Nosler BT. Lookup D-tech. I bet he would be willing to help you out with a box to see how they shoot in your gun

Back