CCW Guys

The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to "bear arms". I carry everywhere, regardless of signs, never had an issue, if I ever do, I will post the results here for you all to laugh at me, or ridicule me for being a scoff-law. There are very very few places it is actually against the law to carry, in those places like the Court House, I don't carry, for all the rest, stores, restaurants etc all they can do is ask you to leave, which I would do, never to return.
I am more uncomfortable without my weapon than I was when I first began to carry getting used to it.
If I am going somewhere that doesn't "allow" ccw, I carry a Glock 43, as a general rule I always have a Glock 17 on me.

I don't carry all the time.
My workplace has a no weapons policy, and I don't need one there anyway. Wouldn't be very comfortable or realistic where I work either. If some nut comes to our business and wants to kill us, unfortunately some of us will probably die. The chances for that to happen are probably less than being struck by lightning. Most days I come straight home from work and don't slap on a gun at 5 or 6pm.
I do carry when I go into town, and sometimes on the weekends just for grins out at the farm. I try to make it a point to carry every single time I go to the city, even if it'll be uncomfortable or what so I can be more used to it. Fortunately here in KS our laws are in our favor, and we can carry most places. Even the movie theater we went to this weekend allows concealed carry; prohibits open carry.
I'm with Rahlow, I didn't carry to my sisters college graduation, or to a courthouse. If it's just a restaurant or theater, concealed is concealed, if they catch me and ask me to leave, I will.

Comforting and comfortable don't really go together real well.

I carry and try not to enter places where it would be a felony...

Was in to see the Doc a few months ago, she noticed my Army hat and asked if I was armed? I said with my brain and a Glock! She went on to tell about a patient in the next room that made her nervous. I just said if she yells, I will be on my way.

Not really the question or answer I expected, especially in today's world. I wasn't sure if it was one of those "do you feel like harming yourself" type questions?

I carry every day and everywhere it's legal. Carrying a loaded firearm in a public space is a huge responsibility. Getting your permit is not enough! Please get additional traning. You owe it to youself and everyone else. Sadly, most of the concealed carry classes i have attended were very minimalistic at best. Train extensively with your firearm and more importantly......train how to never put yourself in a situation where you would have to use it.

I am probably a little different.
Sig 1911 is always in my truck console.
Chieffs air weight always in the inside pocket of my motorcycle jacket.
Ruger lcp in a wallet holster in my back pocket unless swimming.
I carry a money clip with my cash and cards in my front pocket so the wallet is a great cover and no worry about imprinting. The majority of men have a wallet so it is easily dismissed. The only time that I dont have it is at work.
I lift weights in the barn and hit the heavy bag. Cardio is done by climbing vessels at work. Like Tbone said, If I needed a gun for my workout time, I would change location.

Last edited:
As for the businesses that have signs saying "no firearms allowed" I don't look for them on purpose. My reasoning is I can honestly say "I'm sorry,I didn't see the sign, maybe you should have done a better job of informing me" Just like the "hot coffee" issue, "I didn't know the coffee was hot and it burned me. pay up sucker!"

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZWolves, sheep, and Guard dogs.

I hate that we seem to have so many wolves and not enough Guard Dogs.

The guard dog mentality is all well and good, but you better check the laws in your state regarding the use of deadly force.
Using deadly force to protect another person from death or serious physical injury ( or forcible rape, or arson of an occupied dwelling) is usually allowed for a police officer, but it is NOT always allowed for a civilian.

Very true, thankfully AZ has really fixed these laws here in the past few years. Try car jacking someone, feel in danger for you or someone near you, and you can use it.

Use deadly force in self defense or the protection of your family and property and the prosecutors have to prove that it wasn't self defense instead of me having to prove it was.
Notice, AZ doesn't have issues with car jackin, or home invasions. especially give the amount of illegals we have everywhere. Chicago had 49 shootings over Memorial day weekend, and Phoenix I think had two and those were the police doing the shooting. I feel like those results speak for the effectiveness of the laws.

Just getting into the CCW stuff. I have shot a lot of guns but not much in the handgun department. I don't think I would really need a gun but you never know. I grew up in a rougher part of town so I am pretty aware of bad situations and how to avoid them. Its more for traveling with the family and trying to keep them safe from random acts. Its just seems like this country is getting more dangerous and the need to keep your family safe is more important than ever. The easiest thing would be to move out of California and that would solve 99% of the problem. That is a couple years away in the cards fall right.

I lived there for 8 years in two separate periods. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

They treat the people like garbage, traffic never gets better, there isn't an effort to even try and make it better, and they keep raising taxes and blowing the money on handouts.

Once you leave, you won't look back and i couldn't believe It took so long to get out of there.

I grew up in Washington, then stuck there in the Marines, now moved to AZ. Love it. I get very nice job offers all the time but would have to go back, and there is no way on this earth i would go back.

Quote:Its just seems like this country is getting more dangerous and the need to keep your family safe is more important than ever...Not just "Seems", but it actually is in some locales...Our society has developed a criminal mindset over the last five decades where the Gangs have taken over urban areas and are recruiting a lot of juveniles (didn't used to be that way) and part of their final initiation usually involves different levels of violence against the general public, rather than against other opposing gang members as in the past...

On a side note, I'm moving this thread from Firearms to 2nd Amendment since it seems to be the primary theme, as opposed to actual weapons..

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ I get very nice job offers all the time but would have to go back, and there is no way on this earth i would go back.

are those offers with the same company you are working for now? or different companies?

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI find I am more polite and much less likely to anger when I am armed.

+1

Much more polite with nothing to prove.

That being said;

Originally Posted By: Oklahoma Statutes (O.S.) Title 21. Penal Code A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

And remember; I was in fear for my life. I was forced to defend myself. I will make no further statements without an attorney.

I am bad for the fact I choose where I'am going and if I carry. I should carry when going out because you never know, and I need to get into that habit. When I get to somewhere the "law" says I can't carry then I leave it locked in my truck. But in Indiana if a business posts no firearms and I carry concealed then I just ignore the sign. I figure by the time they realized I was carrying in an emergency them asking me to leave is the least of my worry!

This country has gone to [beeep] in a hand basket,,, the need to carry is real, heck I'm so old I remember leaving the front door unlocked when we left the house or went to bed, and even leaving the keys in your car or truck over night.
Reminds me of the joke, Highway Patrolman stops little ol lady for speeding, when he approaches her door she tells him she has a 45 in the console, a 38 in the glove box, a 380 in the door pocket and a 357 in her pocket book. He asked her what she is afraid of, she tells him not a [beeep] thing!

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZ I get very nice job offers all the time but would have to go back, and there is no way on this earth i would go back.

are those offers with the same company you are working for now? or different companies?

Both. I work in IT & IS Risk Management. There is not enough people for this type of work, and most of the fortune 100 and even below that all have open positions on that specific specialty.

Unless they offer 1% wealthy kind of money, i wouldn't move there, and even then, i would rent a cot somewhere and commute from AZ.

Originally Posted By: viperI am bad for the fact I choose where I'am going and if I carry. I should carry when going out because you never know, and I need to get into that habit. When I get to somewhere the "law" says I can't carry then I leave it locked in my truck. But in Indiana if a business posts no firearms and I carry concealed then I just ignore the sign. I figure by the time they realized I was carrying in an emergency them asking me to leave is the least of my worry!

^+1

Originally Posted By: viper.. if a business posts no firearms and I carry concealed then I just ignore the sign. I figure by the time they realized I was carrying in an emergency them asking me to leave is the least of my worry!

And there you have it
cool.gif

I am against carrying in the shower, soap and water is bad for the leather plus it rusts the gun. Other than that, I carry pretty much anywhere it is legal.
As a side note, I try not to go to places where it is not legal to carry. If I have to go to those places, I don't spend one second there longer than necessary.
Another bit of advise, slow the heck down when driving. I was a little heavy on the gas going thru our local "Mayberry" a while back. I got pulled over, and two officers walked up on me, one on each side of the car. I told the old officer which was on my drivers side that I was carrying, as required in Michigan. The officer (in training) on the other side yelled "what did he say?" The older officer yelled back in a rather loud voice, "he's got a gun!!!!!" Things kind of went down hill from there!

Back