Which aero precision mount for Vortex viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP?

jk2paintworx

I have Aero extended mounts on all my ARs and I am planning on getting on for the Vortex PST/FFP 2.5-10x32 that I ordered but I am not sure which one to get. It's a 30mm tube and they offer the mount in standard offset, extended and SPR (not sure what SPR is). Anyone have one of these optics with a aero mount?

They make the standard, the extended (moves scope forward 1 inch from standard),
and the SPR (moves scope forward 2 inchs from standard) .
Sort of depends on your shooting position. Example: Nose to charging handle. Hope this helps.
For me personally with that scope I would use the extended mount.

I use the extended. The SPR is more for big long scopes. I don't have that scope but I've got a couple Burris 4.5x14x42's mounted and it's kind of a compact scope but looks good. If you send me a PM with your email, I'll send you some pictures of what it looks like mounted.

I don't know if you ever looked at them, but American Defense makes some really great nice mounts made in the USA. They are a little pricey but I use the Recon Quick Detach mounts with dual detach levers & they're the best I've ever used. I keep a scope dope book of my settings & use 1 scope in an AD mount on 2 or 3 rifles. Put on rail, push forward, lock down, set to zero for that rifle, and they always go back to zero. A great way to use an expensive scope for several rifles. I can't afford a Nightforce for every rifle & this is a great option & a super great mount & they make them in different heights and several models. I still have a few Aero Precision mounts on a couple cheaper rifles with cheaper scopes but my buddy's & I have just about switched everything to American Defense mounts. Sorry for being long winded.

Jim D

Last edited:
Back