Lutheran Church

Redfrog

Hi guys. Can someone give me a little help please.

My wife received an invite to attend a confirmation for young teen and we know nothing of the Lutheran church. Besides the obvious gift the child will receive, is it customary or ok to give a small gift to the child to mark the occasion?

If it is, any suggestions?

Yes, it is usually customary. The Luteran Book of Prayer is a favorite around our house.

ETA: They are available from Concordia Publishing House and they come in all price ranges.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
I was confirmed Lutheran, my parents got me a Remington 700 BDL 30-06.....

Hope that helps.

At least around here, Lutheran is a pretty laid back version of Christianity, not strict about much, or anything.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI was confirmed Lutheran, my parents got me a Remington 700 BDL 30-06.....

Hope that helps.

At least around here, Lutheran is a pretty laid back version of Christianity, not strict about much, or anything.

I like the way you think, Rock. Obviously not Missouri Synod.
unsure.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Nah, just funnin, Rock. Was MO synod for 50 years & they have a pretty narrow view of the doctrine. (Not towards firearms that I know of, however). We're now Free Lutheran, which is not so straight laced, as in we believe in decentralized governing, as opposed to synod dictate.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Back