Diamondhead Handguards? Joebob's?

Varminterror

I'm looking for a new handguard for a suppressed SBR - I have a 10.5" barrel, wanting the can to slide just inside the end of the guard, but also want a reasonable length linear compensator to be able to bring the muzzle blast out of the end of the handguard. I won't cry if the can doesn't sleeve inside, but I'd prefer to not have the barrel exposed.

I'm looking at the Diamondhead handguards with the angled end cut, wondering if the lengths reflect the longest length or the shortest? They make a 10.5" model and a 13.5", but looking at them, I'm not sure which would fit. If the 10.5" is 10.5" on top, then it'll be perfect (as long as my can fits inside), but if it's 10.5" on bottom, as in the longest side is 10.5 instead of the shortest, then I'll need to go 13.5" and figure out a 4" linear compensator for when the can is removed (the XL KVP won't survive rifle rounds, especially in a pistol barrel).

Anyone have the 10.5" or 13.5", or maybe someone at Joebob's can do me the solid (which is where I'll order it anyway) and measure them?

The Diamondhead handguards with the angled end cut ( Diamondhead VR-S) are measured at the picatinny rail. So that handguard would be 10.25" at the top and then it extends another ~1.5" at the bottom for a total OAL of 11.75".

The KVP XL Linear comp is only designed to withstand pistol calibers. It would likely withstand centerfire rifle rounds for a while, but since it is aluminum construction the erosion and higher pressures, especially on a short barrel, would likely cause it to fail prematurely so it is not recommended.

Fantastic - thanks for the measurements on the handguard!

I called the folks at Kaw Valley a couple months ago, and they gave the same advice. They commented - if a guy is ok with the baffles burning out, the shell would remain, and it'd end up working basically like a firepig. In the effort to get the blast out of the handguard, that would be fine by me.

However, now knowing the dimensions of the 10.5" diamond head handguard, I'll be able to use the standard KVP rifle comps to get where I need.

Thanks again!

Back