Pulsar XD38A Thermal Scope 1 year old used price?

I actually settled on the IR Defense Hunter mk III and saved up the 9k needed but decided to wait until the thermal market settles a bit. I think the IRD (now Trijicon and even higher priced) may be overkill for close up shots and would prefer more fov (at least 18 degrees). I don't really like the joystick controls, I prefer knobs, and with the new Pulsars having built-in recording for a little over half the price, I can wait. With my LS64 and D740, I am not suffering in any way. I could go to the IRD mkII, but the company kind of threw buyers of that model under the bus by not coming up with promised upgrades when the MKIII came out. I don't think for entry level $$ the sightmark photon can be beat. I have a 4.6 on a Savage A17 for shooting critters inside my buildings.

Last edited:
I completely agree the photon can not be beat for the $. Great beginner nv scope. Its just what I needed. Someday Ill graduate to a Pulsar Trail 640 XP50 . Hopefully Pulsar will come out with another amazing scope next year and the the price will go down.

Brad, I expect it will be 3 years before Pulsar brings another updated thermal to market, but the new Flir boson at advertised prices might force the entire market down.

Someone in a recent post said that within 5 years you'd be able to buy FLIR's at Walmart so if they are right that means a drastic increase in availability and equally a price drop from market saturation.

I wouldn't doubt it, hopefully it happens soon. The quality stuff will still be more expensive, I'm just gonna have to stick with my photon for a few years. The 3 year wait will be a long one!!!

Originally Posted By: jsfeniI just posted a Pulsar XD50A with DVR, new external battery, and LaRue QD riser here for sale. It is a great setup.

Sent you a PM

Gene

Originally Posted By: Brad BaranouskasYou buying it? If it was 2 months ago, i would have.

Brad, I just can't make my mind up as to whether or not I want to go totally thermal or Thermal scan/NV scope. So many pros/cons either way. I do have a friend that went a while back for his first time and he said he had trouble "picking" yotes up with the NV. I have watched some videos and there is quite a bit of "white out" after the shot with NV that you don't see with thermal. I really just want this to be a recreational thing and really don't want to have a fortune wrapped up in it..., but I do want good equipment. I am thinking about the Pulsar NV scope...don't know which power to get yet and then get a thermal scan monocular. Still undecided enough to not yet pull the trigger on anything. Would like to look thru some various ones first but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Back