Good Afternoon Hunt

daddyflea

Snuck up on this one first. There was a Monster in with this group but it never offered a shot other than a Texas Heart Shot. So when this one offered a Behind the Ear shot I took it.

Found this one a Half Mile from the first one. I was real surprised he did not smell me because the Wind was not good. Hit him behind the Ear and he did not even twitch.

I then saw this Thief and a Buddy running from a Feeder. He ran toward me which was a bad choice. I later shot another one off the feeder.

Last edited:
Good shooting there! The one thing I've noticed recently the hogs don't really seem to care about the smell, they definitely are not no coyotes or I'd be busted almost every time.

We used to put diesel in the corn to keep raccoons from eating it. If you are using the sour corn w/kool-aid then that don't work. That's why I like to carry the 22 or 22 mag pistol with me. Fun fun. 17 HMR rifle works good too.

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaGood shooting there! The one thing I've noticed recently the hogs don't really seem to care about the smell, they definitely are not no coyotes or I'd be busted almost every time.

I disagree it depends on the Hog. The lead Sows will bust you and lead the rest away to protect their young. The Big Boars seem to have no natural Enemies.

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaOriginally Posted By: jim87formulaGood shooting there! The one thing I've noticed recently the hogs don't really seem to care about the smell, they definitely are not no coyotes or I'd be busted almost every time.

I disagree it depends on the Hog. The lead Sows will bust you and lead the rest away to protect their young. The Big Boars seem to have no natural Enemies.

This is my experiences, yours may vary. Depending where your hunting with no human contact or smell I'd be playing the wind but my properties have not had to worry plus their poor eye sight helps. Just have to make sure your quietly getting into position, I've learned that.

Back