Going cheap

sandy hicks

Some of this stuff is going really cheap. As a an emt, I am around some of these chairs pretty often. It is staggering to hear what the inflatable seat cushion costs. These air cushions help prevent hot spots and pressure sores from sitting all of the time. Most chairs do not come with one. Having one is nice but having two is much better because it allows a person to swap out cushions throughout the day. This allows the cushion to dry. Being paralyzed does not keep you from sweating and having a wet spot will cause the skin to break down. Pressure sores take months to heal due to poor circulation and the fact that you must aggravate it just to move around. These issues get worse over time and not better. Just my .02cents.

That is interesting information. I had no idea and I'm sure many of our members aren't aware of all the needs associated with being chair bound. As demonstrated the membership of Predator Masters is a compassionate and generous group that does their best when called upon.

Thanks for the info, Jerry!

Hey, GC, could there be a link to this thread put in classified section? Might get some traffic that don't come to predator thread regularly??? Just thinkin'.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

I missed this but can relate.
I often say, you know when you're feet get tired and sore so you sit down, well I'm sitting on my rear and can't got off of it.
Thanks guys, I sure appreciate everyone's participation, not only here but everyday on the forum.

Back