Manners Stocks

Originally Posted By: Robinhood21Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75They are the only stock I will buy anymore. Eh1 in Elite Tac Moss layup is my all time favorite. My 22creed is sitting in an EH3 at the moment but will be moving to the Eh1 when it's ready. Seems like I just prefer the vertical grip. 223ai is in an Elite Tac Swamp Eh1, other 223ai is in a desert sage Eh1, 6.5 saum is in an EH3 elite tac moss... yeah, I need an intervention. Had a few others as well..

Alright, I'm going to have to ask you to pist pics of these rifles. I want to see these bad boys!

I can do that, no problem. If the weather will cooperate here this weekend, I will drag a few out of the toy box.

I must be the only person that has had bad luck with Manners.

Couple of years ago when I put my first rifle togeather I purchased a T2 off of a forum, second hnad but don't think it was ever used. I received the stock and noticed that the pillars sat a little too high but no big deal. Everything fit and locked down fine. After a few months, I noticed a crack in the fiber glass between rear pillar and the mag well. Called manners, explained the issue and how I purchased the stock. NO PROBLEM, send it in and we will take care of it. They told me they wanted me to send the whole rifle in, and they would fix my stock and bed it for me for free. HOLY COW, thanks! It was towards end of my shooting season, so I was ok to ben down a rifle over winter. They said it would take a couple of weeks. So I found an old hard case I had, wrapped the rifle up and then put in hard case. Then put in card board box with more bubble wrap around it and sent it off. Weeks go by, nothing, no word. Not a big deal, wait a little while loner and still nothing. Called them up, they told me things were busy and they would be getting to it in the next week or so. Great, no problem. They were taking care of this free of charge. About a month goes by, still no word. Call them up and ask if they made any progress. Nothing, same story. We are busy, its next in line, our bedding guy has been out of town. No problem! Another couple more weeks goes by, no word. Now its getting close to the first match starting up, so I was a little anxious to have my rifle back. So I give them a call, same story. I explained it was getting close to my first shoot of year and id love to make that shoot. So they said, we will get it out next week. If my memory serves me right, I missed first match, but I really wasn't that upset considering they were doing all of this for free and said they would bed it for free. So finally they send my rifle back. They put my rifle in my cheap hard case, wrapped some clear tape around locks and stuck the shipping label on outside of case and in the mail she went....I was less than pleased when it showed up, but its here o well. Open the case pull my rifle out, and it was a new stock, no bedding, and the barrel channel was not straight. Not off by much, but enough to make me scratch my head. I was down a rifle for 2.5 months I believe, they didn't do anything they said they would do, and I think a second grader could have packaged it up better. I was less than pleased with the whole deal. I sold the stock and wont get another.

Now, I do know they didn't have to do anything, and I was ok with that. However, if someone tells you a time frame and scope of work, I expect that to happen. I understand time, and getting busy, but not doing anything they said they would do and packing my rifle up like that just didn't sit well with me. Lesson learned, chasis from now on.

Rant off!

Smokin I have seen CS issues over the years but I would say most of it is due to rapid growth and in some cases employees just not caring to much.

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeSmokin I have seen CS issues over the years but I would say most of it is due to rapid growth and in some cases employees just not caring to much.

I have seen longer-than-quoted delivery times and mistakes on inlet details occasionally. The last T-A that I got had an inletting mistake that had to be fixed by the gunsmith.
But after a good bedding job all of mine have turned out great and made excellent rifles.

Yeah like I said, sounds like my experience is the odd one in batch. But enough for me. Got a new idea in head for rifle I have been kicking around. Might have to revisit this.

Originally Posted By: Smokin250Yeah like I said, sounds like my experience is the odd one in batch.

Not the odd one at all. I've heard others.

When you run the volume and options they run, there's bound to be glitches and screw ups.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Smokin250Yeah like I said, sounds like my experience is the odd one in batch.

Not the odd one at all. I've heard others.

When you run the volume and options they run, there's bound to be glitches and screw ups.

Not odd what-so-ever. Their CS & specifics could use a some of help. If/when you do get what you ordered, it's good stuff though.

PS: not saying they are terrible (absolutely nothing like PT&G, they are terrible); just have a lot more "glitches" than should. I'm 100% sure it's due to volume (but does that make it any better?).

Its interesting, being relatively new in the rifle world, I have had dealings with shady companies that most would never know about. One in particular would most likely make a majority of the fan boys eyes pop out of their heads.

I am sure If I ordered something else from manners id be pleased, several buddies have some fine rifles with manners on them

Originally Posted By: Smokin250Its interesting, being relatively new in the rifle world, I have had dealings with shady companies that most would never know about. One in particular would most likely make a majority of the fan boys eyes pop out of their heads.

I am sure If I ordered something else from manners id be pleased, several buddies have some fine rifles with manners on them

As you know everybody has customer service issues once in a while. I am in the customer service business and know first hand how things can happen. It sucks that your first experience with Manners wasn't positive. I think their extreme rapid growth the last couple of years has to do with that but at the same time you hate to use that as an excuse. I agree with you that there are several out there that need a little coaching in the CS department. Dealing with PT&G's CS is like pulling teeth!.. yet, I still go back to them...
blink.gif

I have a T5A and really love it. I talked with Tom Manners himself. Told him what I was going to do and he made several suggestions which were spot on. Super Nice guy to deal with. They gave me a time frame 12 weeks and I had it in 11. Next one I order will be lighter but these stocks are built like tanks and fit me great. Smokin, I'm like you, I hope for the best but generally get the worst. Several of my buddies shoot Manners and really like them also.

Originally Posted By: yotekiller47 They gave me a time frame 12 weeks and I had it in 11.

You should have bought a lottery ticket...

My last from them was 25 weeks & 3 days (took two more weeks to receive after I got the call it was ready & made final payment). I'm expecting at least that, on the one I'm waiting on now.

A buddy ordered one that was IN-STOCK & it took 5 weeks to get
smile.gif

Another buddy ordered an IN-STOCK item & got it in a about 8 days... so... guess you win some you loose some.

Not trying to bash Manners by no means. They make a great product & have some innovative designs/options. It's just not always unicorns & rainbows with them.

Kudos for them... Tom is a super great guy & gives back to the sport. You see lots of Manners support at several PRS style matches & I was at one event Tom Manners was a Stage RO himself. And one of the better RO's I've ever had. To me that says a LOT about him as a person & his thoughts of people that are supporting him. Two thumbs up!!! If he was cloned & ran every position there it would likely be different. As with any larger company; seems there may be a few employees there that could care less.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CinchYep definitely the MCS-T...

Yes.
Only thing better than a T is a T-A.
thumbup1.gif

wow. beautiful. I have been wanting a manners forever!

Originally Posted By: MI GrouseOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CinchYep definitely the MCS-T...

Yes.
Only thing better than a T is a T-A.
thumbup1.gif

wow. beautiful. I have been wanting a manners forever!

Thanks!
The T-A is hard to beat.

Back