Gander Mountain

Went to the local GM yesterday and it was UP TO 30% off, which meant nothing worth buying. No discount at all on firearms.

Originally Posted By: HuntinjimWent to the local GM yesterday and it was UP TO 30% off, which meant nothing worth buying. No discount at all on firearms.

Bingo! Stopped in the local store today. Basically with the discount they are now the same price as competitors everyday price. Other items were still higher than other stores a?d as you mentioned, firearms are full retail.

They are not serious yet about moving inventory so I may check back in a week or 2 and see if they get motivated to move inventory.

The email said they were still accepting gift cards til the 18th, so I figured it would stay inflated at least til then.

Even in bankruptcy situations you'll rarely find good deals. They'll return the merchandise before they sell it at a deep discount. When Circuit City went under I went in looking for deals...no dice.

mark it up 40% and then take 30% off.

thats how the 'professional liquidators' out there do their thing these days. its just like those "guaranteed $4000 trade in for your push-pull-drag it in junker" on cars go. They're all marked up $5000-$6000 above the lot prices from the week before the sale anyway. should be criminal to do stuff like that - you'd think they all used to be politicians.

i've already seen some of the clearance stuff here at the local gander, and like others mentioned - the clearance price is e-retail or higher.

I have a Gander just down the street from me, the tackle prices were not to bad and I bought a lot of tackle from them, but as far as guns etc the prices were insane, surprised they tried to sell guns at all looking for those prices.

An email stated they will reopen as Gander Outdoors with a new CEO and are looking for a new logo in a $25,000 winner campaign.

40 to 70 percent in Beaumont Tx. Reloader 22 was marked 39.99 per lb. Walked in and right back out. Powder brass and bullets had been marked up from already high prices.

Aww, c'mon, guys. They have to find ways to come up with the
money to pay for the beautiful, huge new multi-million dollar
building in Cedar Rapids, Iowa which was never opened this
year!

Wonder what corporate genius thought they could build such a
large retail store while facing bankruptcy??

Be careful before making a purchase at any of the Gander Mountains. They upped their prices before announcing they were going out of business. Always do a price check on Amazon first before you buy. Sneaky sons of bleeeeeeeep's!

Back