Leupold cds

Spike

hi, I am considering a leupold vx-3i rifle scope with the cds feature. I would like to hear any actual experiences with this feature cds. thanks spike

It works. The only thing is it is for a particular load and you have to know your variables for the input. I have it and am very pleased with it. If you are going to a different area where the elevation is considerably different you might have to get a new CDS. I like to dial my range in. Over all I like it,but not the price,but,nothing's free.

I gave them actual drop data from 200 to 450 and seems to be pretty much on the money. The custom dial is set up to give you a zero stop, so no zero stop until your dial is installed. This is on my 17 rem so no long range data was needed.

Just stick with the 1/4" turret, otherwise you're stuck with a printed custom turret later if you change your load or altitude etc.

thanks for your replies, I used 1/4" clicks before and had good performance once I had the drop figures. the idea of the cds is great I guess if one stays with a factory brand of amo. spike

The (1 free) custom CDS dial is a cool option for a med/short range hunting gun with one load. Or you can swap back to the standard issue 1/4" dial if you change loads or want more precision.

Another option if you are not a fan of the cartridge specific custom CDS dial, is you can order the FREE CDS dial in 1/4 click moa with zero stop. Using a smart phone APP such as "strelok" you can factor temp, elevation, wind, range, etc, and print dope sheets for the conditions you will be hunting in. BTW you can also mod the standard MOA dia to be zero stop if you prefer.

Back