Ingram picture thread

Originally Posted By: Cinch

Slim... I think
Mosaic pins
S30V
Not sure on the scales

That's a handy pattern. With a Slim and a #4 B&T a guy's pretty well set. Grab a 5" Kingfisher and it's a done deal. Crazy talk I know...
smile.gif

The Kevlar small boner was one of my favorites... I gave that one to my good friend and gunsmith... wait till you see the next one he's getting lol. It's in the next order...

At risk Of sounding dumb here, course that's nothing new.....by looking at a slim and a #4 b&t, they are pretty similar in appearance. Just curious at to whether I'm a terrible judge of blades or? Looks like they would accomplish a lot of the same tasks? What am I missing?

There's a few slight differences... but not much. I don't have a slim here to show a side by side at the moment. But no there sure isn't a bunch of difference...

The Slim is a drop point and the #4 B&T is a trailing point. Both set on a flat surface on their back spine reveals the point of the Slim to be close to 3/16" below the spine while the #4 is about the same above the spine. This gives the #4 a nice sweeping belly and a very fine point. The little drop of the Slim makes it maybe a bit easier if a guy is going to field dress a deer. The #4 B&T might skin, debone and quarter a deer a bit easier. I've used both patterns for deer, turkey, squirrels, rabbits, skinning bobcat and grey fox. Also used the #4 on trout and bluegill. Love them both, prefer the B&T for all around uses. Not to say the drop point isn't great, because it is. In my mind the B&T is more versatile overall. It's great in the kitchen too BTW.

Thanks you both for clarifying. Reason I was asking is I'm much more attracted to the slim than the #4, figured if both were very similar I think I'd rather have the slim.......but we all know. Pretty is as pretty does.

The Slim is a wonderful design. I won't buy a knife that doesn't appeal to me. My Slim is slightly modified, has a 3.5" blade and the back of the handle squared rather than round. As I said, I love it and consider it a keeper. Same for my #4, it's a 3.5" with .100" stock blade that's pure cutter. It's not leaving here either.

I was thinking more along these lines.

RSCN0062.jpg

But I like those Ingram too. I have a severe knife affliction that is only tamed by me being ching lee and won't drop serious coin on really nice knifes.

But I really like what I'm seeing in this thread.

Back