? on dedicated 22-250 an .20 caliber suppressor

riverhunter55

I have searched and searched all over the web and I cant find any definitive answers.
I am not trying too start a my suppressor is better than yours thread but I need some help deciding on a suppresser for predator hunting.
The only reason I am purchasing this is for light barreled calling guns. I have no desire to suppress anything above 6mm.
The only one I have been around is a Dakota Varminter 3.0, I was impressed with how it sounded on a 22-250.
I have kind of narrowed it down to the Varminter 3.0, VAPR, or one of the Thunderbeast cans.
I do want a titanium for sure for the weight reduction other than that I have no first hand knowledge.
To my knowledge there is nobody local to Southeast Iowa to test one out with. If I am wrong on this please tell me.
I could really use some guidance, I am ready to pull the trigger on this sometime this summer.
I talked to a fellow at Dakota that was very helpful and they come to a gun show not real far away and take care of the paperwork right there. This seems to be a big advantage. But I don't want to buy on convenience alone.
Any help is appreciated!!

I'd get a TBAC Ultra 7 in 6.5 and be done with it. I think you can get the Ultra 7 in 22 caliber also and that would be a little quieter than the Ultra 7 6.5 model but you wouldn't be able to use it on your .243/6mm caliber rifle.

If you're positive about never needing anything bigger than 6mm I would take a hard look at the SAS Barricade for a lightweight, short suppressor that gives up very little in sound reduction to the larger volume cans. It comes in 6.5 diameter but I know they can spin one up in 6mm to have the best amount of decibel reduction.

Regarding your subject title, the whole concept of the .224 VAPR was for the 22-250, it's something I've had in mind for over 10yrs, unfortunately it's taken me a while to get my foot in the door developing it...

FYI the VAPR comes in .224, 6mm, 6.5 and 7, they are all slightly overbore, and I have had pleasure during T&E running the 243AI, 6XC and the standard 243 through the 6mm VAPR.

What I've found doing this over the past decade, (and that's killing suppressed) is everyone, MYSELF included will have favorites, nothing wrong with this at all. Get what's best for you, if it's easier, with less wait time, PW done and it saves you a headache, go with whats easy. IF you have a particular brand that markets the way you like roll with it. If you like seeing someone on TV plug it and you like their show, do it. If you see us using what we developed for our work and think it'll work for you, then by all means I can help... in the end you want to get what you need.

If you want an educated opinion you can call anytime, I'm not a salesman, I'm giving information based solely on precision hunting applications, it's what we do plain and simple.

Good luck with your decision, regardless your going to be happy running suppressed vs. unsuppressed.

Originally Posted By: riverhunter55I have searched and searched all over the web and I cant find any definitive answers.
I am not trying too start a my suppressor is better than yours thread but I need some help deciding on a suppresser for predator hunting.
The only reason I am purchasing this is for light barreled calling guns. I have no desire to suppress anything above 6mm.
The only one I have been around is a Dakota Varminter 3.0, I was impressed with how it sounded on a 22-250.
I have kind of narrowed it down to the Varminter 3.0, VAPR, or one of the Thunderbeast cans.
I do want a titanium for sure for the weight reduction other than that I have no first hand knowledge.
To my knowledge there is nobody local to Southeast Iowa to test one out with. If I am wrong on this please tell me.
I could really use some guidance, I am ready to pull the trigger on this sometime this summer.
I talked to a fellow at Dakota that was very helpful and they come to a gun show not real far away and take care of the paperwork right there. This seems to be a big advantage. But I don't want to buy on convenience alone.
Any help is appreciated!!

Any of the 3 you mention will do a fine job. Pick one and then buy the other 2 later.
smile.gif

Back