Good times for buyers, sellers, not so much!

jcs271

As a consumer I sure am happy with the current pricing on complete Ar's, uppers, etc. Saw an ad last week for DPMS complete rifle at $399 after $75 rebate. Sadly it is going to be a tough road ahead for all of the AR makers, particularly the smaller ones. With a pretty saturated market and no threats on the horizon they are going to be very tough to sell. My little local shop has the same 10 rifles that he had right after the election. Obviously he wont be ordering any more for a looooong time.

CDNN ad........
http://mailchi.mp/cdnnsports/cdnn-sale-f...54?e=7544a541ed

Custom builds and specialty calibers like some wildcats will do fine for those specific people, IMO. But your right about the normal joe blow's and the gun shops selling off the shelf AR's. It will be nice if prices do go down and stay down from political scare tactics.

Cabelas currently has the same deal on the Oracles too. I still have stock here from the Clinton Pres days - never regretted it. Actually sold some of it for a nice return, but over 20-some yrs! LOL! Like you said, good days to buy up. 22LR ammo is even starting to come down. Cant find super deals on surplus powder yet, but that'll come too.

I stopped at a local Cabelas last weekend, and there was plenty of .22 LR ammo, and I even bought some at $.06 a round, for Win HV HP. Funny how the 333 bulk boxes were cheaper per round than the 555 bulk boxes, but my phone calculator sorted that out quickly. Their powder is still stupid high. I looked at Alliant Power Pistol, and it was $32 something a canister. I stopped at a Fleet Farm store on the way home, and the same canister of powder was $23. Guess where I spent my money?
grin.gif

Yes, AR-15 prices are dirt cheap. Kind of like precious metals, buy low, and sell high...Just wait for the Democraps to win some elections, and the investments will pay off, if one wants to sell. I can't get any more AR rifles in my safes! I am trying to convince myself not to build a 243 LBC, or order a spare 6mm WOA barrel from John, while we are in this slump.
grin.gif

Squeeze

I want prices of bullets and powder to go back down. that stuff doesn't seem to have moved. shelves are overflowing and I aint buying until prices come down. $30 for a pound of powder is BS

Originally Posted By: steve garrettI want prices of bullets and powder to go back down. that stuff doesn't seem to have moved. shelves are overflowing and I aint buying until prices come down. $30 for a pound of powder is BS

No kidding! Bass Pro is selling Hodgdon for $35.99 and Aliant powder for $39.99... insane!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve garrettI want prices of bullets and powder to go back down. that stuff doesn't seem to have moved. shelves are overflowing and I aint buying until prices come down. $30 for a pound of powder is BS

Then it looks like you wont ever buy any more powder!

bass pro tends to be high in reloading prices but I have seen some powders there at not-horrible prices.

basspro has/had a DPMS oracle on sale that was about $400 after rebate & was still under $500 before the rebate.

PSA had at least 2 complete AR10s with SS barrels for $699 over the weekend.

nice to see

I've lived through times under clinton and obama when you pretty much couldn't touch an AR15 of any sort, even used, for under $3000. really did not like those days very much

I've even been seeing 22LR at walmart, pretty much every time I've gone in over the last few weeks. anywhere from 7 to 11 different types, including some CCI mini-mags & 1400 round remington buckets.

I was just at Runnings this weekend and they doubled up on their reloading supplies, started carrying Sierra and Barnes bullets plus had their shelves were over flowing with powders. They were even carrying some Alliant powders for $21 and some change.

Back