Trigger Question

pyscodog

I have a fellow club member that wants a very light trigger for his AR. He wants it in the one pound range. Does anyone make a trigger that will go that light and not double tap? I'm no AR guy but thought I would ask the guru's.

Many two stagers will do it. I haven't seen a single stage down in the one pound range that are perfectly non-bumpable. You milk them slow you'll double all the time. I've got some 1.5 customs that will bite you in the butt if you don't stay completely focused.

Greg

Hard to beat a Geissele. My SD-3G feels lighter than it measures and has a super short reset. It's a single stage and the flat trigger rocks.

My first goal would be to find out if they actually know what a 1 pound trigger feels like. Many years ago I put a timney 2oz in an xp in 7IHMSA. I thought I knew what I was doing right up till the time I started trying to use it. It takes a lot of shooting to learn how to squeeze that trigger and not just trip it by touching it.

Being able to use a really light trigger is a two edged sword. I still fight most factory triggers and accuracy suffers accordingly.

Back