New Ingram yellow jacket

getfoxy

Polished g10
D2
Black liners
Mosaics

Had the handle and blade lengthend slightly on genes reccomendation.

Should be perfect for what I'm gonna use it for

Thanks fellas, not gonna be my last.......I'm waiting on a Winston and a Menefee due by end of summer, but I went ahead and told Gene to just put me back in the rotation lol.

I'd like to get his lite hunter and a bird and trout.

You NEED a B&T! I like the #4 version best but that's an individual preference. This last #4 I got from Gene has .100" stock and I really like how that thin full flat ground blade slices. It's an amazing cutter.

Originally Posted By: GCYou NEED a B&T! I like the #4 version best but that's an individual preference. This last #4 I got from Gene has .100" stock and I really like how that thin full flat ground blade slices. It's an amazing cutter.

The #4 is the one I like as well.......glad I have plenty of time to decide on handle material. That's the hardest part for me

Very nice cinch. On my next order I think I'm going to go with a jigged g10 in the lite hunter, and Westinghouse micarta in the #4 B&T

Originally Posted By: getfoxyVery nice cinch. On my next order I think I'm going to go with a jigged g10 in the lite hunter, and Westinghouse micarta in the #4 B&T

Jigged G-10 is probably my favorite on a knife that will see hard use...

Cinch! You've been holding out on us here! Please, never hesitate to share some of those fine knives with us. That elk #4 is drop dead sexy!!!

I'll agree about the toughness and feel of the jigged and beaded G10 on a workhorse. I had one of Gene's Small Boner knives with orange jigged/beaded G10 and loved it. I'll have a 5" thin stock Kingfisher just like it next. But Westinghouse is soooo dang pretty and just gets better and better with age.

Update. And I feel kinda dumb lol.....

Just got an email from Mr. INGRAM. I reckon someone here requested this knife and specs. Turns out it's not micarta is actually g10. I had no idea as I ordered polished red micarta. To clear up here's the message I just received from Gene. Sorry for the confusion fellas.

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 9:13 AM Gene Ingram wrote:
Gary, You are in the book. Let me know any question or change anytime.
Got an inquiry about your knife last night from one of the 24Hour guys last night.
He was wanting same knife in same materials. He asked for red micarta which I rarely use anymore because its dull color.
It looks I failed to tell you that and I used Red G10 on your knife and not micarta. G10 is much nicer in my opinion.
Hope that not a disappointment to you. Best Regards, Gene

My reply

Great news on bein back in the books! Can't wait. And Lol that's hilarious......I had no idea. I ordered polished red micarta and it Looked like polished red micarta to me. So I told them that's what it was. I'll be and sure to make the correction on the fire.........
No worries in me being disappointed. Ya done well.........

Back