Rock River Arms ATH

Thomas Russell

I just bought a new Rock River ATH Carbine. They were on sale for 875$! Plus I got it in a week! What kind of ammo does your ATH like? What kind of optics are you using?

T3bear, what does your reference to the story have for the question at hand?
I have a buddy who just got the ATH, and I helped him get it sighted in and what ammunition it would shoot good. Since his ATH has the same twist as my 3 Rock Rivers (20" Predator Pursuit, 20" Coyote, 18" R-3) I was able to get him into some good 55gr. V-max that shot one ragged hole at 100 meters. He was amazed at how good the gun shot since this was his first semi-auto rifle.
My buddy and I are both running Leupold Mark AR scopes on our guns. He decided to go with the 1.5-4 Firedot that I run on 2 of my guns, I have the 3-9x40 Mil-dot on my Predator Pursuit. This setup has put a boatload of fur in our shed so I stick with what works. Good luck on whatever you decide to buy----Riflemann

Edit----Sorry I misspoke, our 20" Coyote is a 1-9" twist, but it still shoots the 55 V-max real tight

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I sighted in with cheap 55gr fmj. I plan on running 55gr vmax through it. I figure with a 1/8 twist I run several gr types. Right now I am using a vortex diamondback 3-9x40 but am looking into the new strike eagle 1-8.

Running an Operator III here...have heard the 55gr vmax shoots well out of the Rock Rivers...ive tried 55fmj American Eagle and 55gr Hornady SP, it did much better with the Hornady stuff...i was getting about a 2" group at 50yds the 1st time out and getting it on paper after putting a 3-9 VX2 on it... i did get some 62gr Nosler Varmeggedon to try along with 1 box of 55gr zmax...also getting used to the 2stage trigger not sure if i like it yet or not need more range time, seems to break kinda hard.

Back