Load suggestions for the ruger american in 450 bushmaster using h110

Dultimatpredator

I ordered the rifle and checked out gunblasts website and video on this rifle. The magazine is long enough to seat bullets a quarter inch out. With that being he was able to get up to 2500fps without any pressure signs.he was using a 250g barnes. I plan on using a 250g hornady ftx. I talked with randys sporting goods in bad axe..the founders of this rifle and I was told they have loaded it close to 3000fps and finally showed signs of pressure (I call bs on that one). All my readoading books are old enough that I dont have a listing for the 450BS. Has anyone loaded for this rifle yet that can provide me some data. I know hornadys factory rounds acheive around 2200fps and will have my chrony up and running to see if i can work up to 2500fps range with out any pressure signs.Thanks

Last edited:
I was consider a 450 BM at one time. My research lead me to loaddata.com and 450bm.com.

Hornady manual 9th Edition:

250gr FTX
C.O.L 2.225"
Primer: WSR
H110 Start: 28.1 with a max of 39.2 gr

Case: Hornady
Trim Length: 1.690"
Max Trim Length: 1.700"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorPicked up this book at cabelas yesterday for $13 as the tenth is out now.

The 10th doesn't offer anything over the 9th for what I'm currently loading for so you did good...IMO

Back