Anyone have a pulsar quantum head mounted setup?

Originally Posted By: CrunchPMack, is that a custom mount? Does the 19a accept the screw posts on each side?

Yes I made that mount. Fits the 19 and 38. Slides and swivels 1/4 inch L/R with the small thumb screws and swivels up and down with the side thumb screws independent from the Rhino II adjustments. I have one for sale in the classified section but I'm waiting on payment.

Originally Posted By: mdmorrowThat looks like a solid setup.

It is rock solid, many others were using the Jarm but I felt it detached too easy and allowd for no adjustment, I worried it would fall off. The mount is drilled and tapped to the Rhino.

Last edited:
I bought one of Pmack's setup's just like he posted above about a month ago... it came with a bump helmet... I love the mounting system but the helmet drove me nuts so I bought a Crye precision night cap and switched everything over and after several hunts I can tell you its PERFECT!

John glad to hear the Crye works for you and my mount. That helmet worked fine for my son but bothered my head. Thanks for the endorsement on the mount. I'm going to have to get the Crye.

Last edited:
Id say you'll be super happy. I'm sure there are more comfortable helmets than the one I had but the cap beats the pants off of it...it's light weight and BREATHABLE. I was worried I would have trouble with the cap holding the heavy 19a still while walking but I'm happy to say it sits Rick solid with about 16oz in the optional counter weight pouch available from Crye

Originally Posted By: johncraddock445is that considered a J-Arm?
or what was one cut from one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ITT-PVS-14-J...-/222482819478?

Cut from one.

I went the j-arm route at first but found it was not compatible for scanning with my left eye. Several guys on here used it to scan with your right eye, it's in several threads.

Never thought of cutting it up and using it since the one I had seemed to detached at the slightest touch, I worried it would fall off in the field. Those concerns were probably unfounded since it was designed for military use.

Based on those 2 things I had to come up with what worked for me and I added some adjust ability.

Last edited:

Well this is my first photo I posted on here, hope it works. This is the Crye Nightcap w/ the Quatum Pulsar XD38A w/ the Rhino mount. I have the mini DVR on the back of the Crye Nightcap and the wife made me a black eye patch for my right eye, since i'm right eye dominate, it's hard to close my right eye, lol.

I can't close my right eye either. The only times it becomes an issue is if there is any ambient light or light in the distance my right eye wants to take over. Total darkness no problem all I see is the thermal. I've thought about a patch but been just using my hand as needed.

Originally Posted By: Brad Baranouskas

Well this is my first photo I posted on here, hope it works. This is the Crye Nightcap w/ the Quatum Pulsar XD38A w/ the Rhino mount. I have the mini DVR on the back of the Crye Nightcap and the wife made me a black eye patch for my right eye, since i'm right eye dominate, it's hard to close my right eye, lol.

Looks awesome bud. Finished out great.

Back