Night time tripod users

Well, I couldn't wait for the reaper. So I went and got a pig saddle and a silk tripod, amazing set up! The silk tripod adjusts very easily and is very steady. It's alittle big an bulky but to be steady you need that. As for the pig saddle the rudder in the clamp that holds onto the gun is perfect, it's just forgiving enough to adjust up an down and very easy to stay steady.

I just purchased a pig saddle and a Manfrotto XPRO Magnesium ball head.

Anybody have any suggestions for a tripod. I am 6'6" tall so please keep that in mind for height reasons.

Nice, thanks Brad. I got me a Slik 700 DX coming with a reaper grip and will let y'all know how I like it. Price was right and they sell them at kopfjager with the reaper so win win.

Originally Posted By: mdmorrowNice, thanks Brad. I got me a Slik 700 DX coming with a reaper grip and will let y'all know how I like it. Price was right and they sell them at kopfjager with the reaper so win win.

I just ordered one of these also.

I ordered the Reaper Rig side plate too.....Looks like it might work well with a Ram ball for an iPhone mount or E caller remote mount.

Last edited:
I just got mine today. Tried both medium and the heavy and I'm glad I went with the heavy dx700. Very stable and really pretty economical considering the comparable options.

Originally Posted By: mdmorrowI just got mine today. Tried both medium and the heavy and I'm glad I went with the heavy dx700. Very stable and really pretty economical considering the comparable options.

That's good to know. I ordered the DX700 with my package.

I actually have a Slik tripod I use for my Shockwave.

ScqR6Bn.jpg

Last edited:
Back