Solid affordable 12" or 15" railed handguard to mount Silencerco. Radius rangefinder on

varminter .223

I have a Hogue overmolded on my 22 Nosler now but I need a means of mounting my new Radius. So much stuff out there I am gonna have to find a solid one that just works
I don't need tacticool or fancy.

Check out the Seekins handguards. I got a 15" NOXS for a build, found out it wouldn't work with a billet upper. Machining looked great and seemed like more than a guy should expect for the price. Liked it so much I had it cerakoted FDE and switched it to my 223 Wylde rifle. That said I have a MI quad rail in FDE I could part with.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter243Matrix hand Guard from joebobs for $55. I have half a dozen and love them

The word, "affordable" will quickly reduce your search space.

I have several Matrix Keymod handguards, and for the money, on a hunting rifle, they exceed my expectations. I do have a couple of MI(Midwest Industries) fore-ends, which are about 3x the price of a Matrix, that I have on SD rifles. The MI handguards have fingers that prevent rotation, so if one is taking a rifle into combat, that may be important. But on a hunting rifle, the three screws used to secure the Matrix, have never loosened on my hunting rifles.

So my recommendation for an "affordable" handguard is the a Matrix, that has the look you like, and get a couple of Keymod rail sections, and start hanging things on your rifle. You will really like the thinner grip of the Keymod/M-Lok style handguards, where you don't need rails. I have replaced all of my quad rails with Keymod/M-Lok style fore-ends, mostly Matrix, and a few MIs, where I need rough duty reliability.

Squeeze

I think I am going to go with the Hogue 15074. I think it will screw right onto my existing barrel nut. Thanks for the replies, I didn't realize this style existed when I started this thread.

Back